Reviews for Modern Magic
SapphireIris chapter 16 . 4/20/2009
I laughed so hard at your description of Death Note... I guess that's what some fans think it is... XD

(Really, it's a psychological, supernatural half-mystery half-thriller... But a lot of fans wish it were otherwise. XD )

Half the time, I think your authors notes are better than the story. -Not- saying that your story sucks, 'cause it's made of win and topped with awesome sauce, just that your notes are even funnier (maybe it's the first person?)

-SapphireIris
Delcroy chapter 16 . 4/20/2009
Poor Eric, he tried so hard to get out. I wonder how Zoe's parents fell in love...I look forward to your next chapter. Death Note is a pretty good dark anime.
THE BNZ chapter 4 . 4/17/2009
HI!

Sorry I haven't reviewed up until now, but I've been busy reading the story and it's really freakin' awesome. The concept is very original, and the story has a fantastic sense of humor.

I did see the 'prophetic dream' thing coming, but I know you'll find some way to make it original and amusing.
Emi chapter 15 . 4/16/2009
The fight between Em and Ian was better since Eric didnt have a lot to show in his.I hope Eric has a real fight Ian seems to have the coolest(albeit not the most effective)moves uptill now.
Begoshi chapter 15 . 4/16/2009
Kyou Kara Maoh isn't quite vampires and demons. I haven't watched it myself, but the way my romance crazed friend goes on about it... full title means, "Starting today I'm the demon King/Lord!" or something to that effect.
Delcroy chapter 15 . 4/16/2009
This chapter did seem a little rushed, and low on details. I wonder what was on the internet. I look forward to your next chapter.
SplitToInfinity chapter 14 . 4/15/2009
No, I don't think you're going to be lightning-bait... Although if you do get hit, wouldn't that be a point against free will? Then again, it could also be argued the other way around. *starts muttering to herself*

Yeah, I can sympathize with Jonathan. The free will joke was funny, though.

Also..funny...are your jokes about anime-obsessed people. Of course, I happen to be one of said people, but don't worry, the jokes aren't offensive or anything. (To me.)
Delcroy chapter 14 . 4/15/2009
I just read 12, 13, and 14. I wonder how Eric will use his cooking abilities to defest the Evil Lord Tenebras. I know, he could attack him with his whisk... Great job, keep up the good work. I look forward to your next chapter.
SapphireIris chapter 14 . 4/14/2009
This story is seriously awesome. I've been reading a lot of bad fantasy lately, and this was a refreshing and welcome break... and it doesn't hurt that you parody the stuff I hate. XD

-SapphireIris
Sugarloafin chapter 6 . 4/8/2009
I can't believe I missed the Final Fantasy references the first time I read this chapter...absolutely golden. Between "Last Dream VII", "Storm Nimbus", and "The Fedora of Fate" I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Great job!
Ariel chapter 12 . 4/8/2009
Finally!I was waiting for Eric to show some kind of talent. Now i suppose things will get a lot more interesting and by the way, shouldnt Zoe have some special kind of talent too?
Emma chapter 11 . 4/7/2009
That was slightly confusing...Eric's not really gay is he?Anyway, i really do think that your story should have a romantic element in it too, you know..hehehe...just for a little fun.
Delcroy chapter 11 . 4/6/2009
Congratulations on a vague plot. I was hoping this story would go somewhere. I look forward to your next chapter.
Sugarloafin chapter 2 . 4/6/2009
I wish I could write humor like this. My attempts at being funny fall flat, so I stopped trying.

I can't decide if the name Lance Elliot is corny or genius. Either way it's highly entertaining.

Draco was hilarious. He is exactly what I'd picture a "Hero" to be like in a real world, without all the glitz and glamour of a serious story to back him up. Absolutely great. I will have to read more.
Sugarloafin chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
I think I've hurt myself laughing, this is absolutely hilarious! I really enjoy genre parodies, but they have to be done well. This one truly is.

I loved the splitting hairs about what species the "dragon" is and the bet between the brothers.

This line really had me in stiches:

“Why do people even live near a wyvern habitat?”

“Like Mom says, ‘the same reason trailer parks exist in areas prone to tornados.’”

I've often thought the same thing about towns built in floodplains or river deltas... :)
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »