Reviews for Thing
ohsocyanide chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
This is a very interesting piece, and one that makes me wonder just what goes on in your head as you write. You have a well-established voice and a good flow throughout this piece, and I liked it, as I do all of your work.

"Thing" takes on the tone of a fairy tale-turned-nightmare. Things are beautiful and wonderful, but as time passes, they turn darker. This was overall a rather dark piece, in my personal opinion, and it was confusing in parts but overall well-written.

Your description is always very strong, and I thoroughly enjoy the employment of your words. Nothing is over- or under-described, and I love that about your work. Description seems to be one of your strongest points. Good job :)

ohsocyanide.
Palantean Writer chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I like the way your first paragraph goes. It highlights the normality of the beginning of the story you're about to tell, but in an intriguing way. Nicely played!

Was this story meant to be ambiguous? It's just that the stuff about blossoming and passion and taking fruit, it sounds metaphoric, like you're talking about a young woman who is normal, but who you are identifying as abnormal.

Having got to the end... wow. Very thought-provoking, very dark, very... unusual. A strange piece, but beautiful. Well done.

- Pay back via Academy Year 7 or Shamanics.

- from The Roadhouse.
xXhootsXx chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Aw...so sad...D: It was very good, and the last line made me feel very sad. Very powerful!
The Biggest Bugger chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
I liked it. The summary was to the point and the way you started it all off was great. No grammar mistakes (that I could see), but a little too much detail here and there to the point where I got all "Okay..."

I don't mean that in a discouraging way, though.

All in all it was fabulous.