Reviews for Less Than A Name, Less Than A Number
Leaves of Labefaction chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Very powerful. The voice is so clear and strong. I like it.

-LoL
Isca chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
"To bend you over and rape you." There's something so shocking, yet brilliant, about this line.

"To make you as monochromatic as the world you're seeing now." The tone here is so powerful.

sunday night sky chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
I love the strong dominating character. It's quite unusual because most poets speak of how someone has got under their skin, how someone is creeping into their brain etc. Poetry is often quite self centered, whereas this is almost the opposite. It's almost like you're obsessed with this other person, obsessed with making their life hell rather than speaking about your own life. Really interesting piece. I like it a lot. Nice work!
StaringATAwall chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
One thing i have to get out of the way before i praise it, 2nd last stanza, "special" and "great" shouldn't have speach marks as such because it is not direct speach, i think it should be 'special' and 'great', "great" should also not be capatalized.

I like the opening simile, it sums up the poem and draws us in to read the rest and find out why it's left a "coat of grime over her eyes".

I like the over all dominent tone of it, i think you did well with the tone. Also word choice like "melts into sobs" or, "creeping" i can tell your a good poet. Also the way you have emboldened certain words, it kind of hits you and draws you back, adding to the tone of the poem.

I feel the emotion you put into it was plentiful and the repetetion of "you, or "you've, or you'll" (26 times) really helps the reader understand how irritating you really are in this poem.

The last stanza is interesting because it's like in the whole poem you are faint in what you say, you are mocking it, not taking it seriously but at the end it is like a reality check. The last stanza hit's the reader like a truck and for that, i say well done.

I really liked it, there is a great deal of talent in your poetry and i can see that just from this one poem. Check mine out if you want.

Keep it up!