Reviews for Formerly Captain Blake is a Sentimental Little Girl
ISA-Sniper chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Very good story from what I've read so far. Keep up the good work here.

I banged your mother last night, and she yelled my name...oddly enough. I didn't tell her what it was.
SplitToInfinity chapter 4 . 11/24/2009
*blinks* It's...a wall of text. Edit for better readability and repost, please?
DrunkenMonkeyKing chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
Short and sweet with this chapter I see.

Got a question for you though. Does this take place in the real world (or a fictional equivalent) or a completely made from scratch world? I'm horrible with country names, so I didn't pay much attention to them in the last chapter, but the Mador constantly saying "Goddess" made me think it was a fictional-fictional world. Seeming as how I picked up a hint of misogyny from him in the last chapter, didn't seem like something he would swear unless it was the status-quo. But in this chapter you mention Hitler. Just curious.

Anyway, good stuff, though you repeat "the blonde man" twice in quick succession in the fourth paragraph. Only bad thing I had to point out.
DrunkenMonkeyKing chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Ahoy there. I know it's been a long while since I told you I would review, but my lazy ass has finally gotten up. I wasn't quite sure which story to check out first, but with a title like this, how could I refuse?

I rather enjoyed this, it even got a chuckle out of me, which is pretty rare when I'm reading. An interesting start, which showcases three of your characters (one we haven't even technically met yet) personalities quite well.

Mador seems a bit of a stern jackass, though not quite an unlikable fellow, Blake seems to fit in with the title, and Silvertip (the name does strike me as a bit silly, but that can work in a humor story) is a good loyal soldier with manners.

Anyway, just to give the cliff notes of this review:

Goods: Dialogue, intriguing opening

Bads: No italics within the story itself.

Oh and PS:

I banged your mother last night. Just FYI.
Nicki BluIs chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I banged your mother last night. And she screamed your name. WTF's up with that Bordy-kins?

This chap seems familiar... hm... can't put my finger on it.. :P

But yes I have nothing to say. Other than quit being such a review wh*re. I mean templates? That's pretty desperate bud.

Me :P
Nicki BluIs chapter 2 . 5/13/2009
I banged your mother last night, again, even though the first time was kinda mediocre. She's cheap. She didn't mention you this time though, so you can rest easy. Unless you have a relative named Mary… cuz from what I hear she and Mary can get pretty dirty…

Francis is amazing. 'Nuff said.

Me :P
SplitToInfinity chapter 2 . 3/25/2009
I still love this. Please write more, and I mean it.

No, I'm not lazy, just pressed for time.
Morohtar chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
I'm reviewing your piece because whenever someone reviews me and asks me to "Pay it forward" I review three other pieces - and I choose them by going to the latest pieces posted on the site. So, you just happen to get a review! If you want to join the "Pay it forward" movement, check out my profile!

On with the review!

When I read the summary, I was expecting a tale which would be boys own adventure and daring do from the get-go; I was going to say that Captain Blake needed a friend called Group Captain Robert Suave, which is the best name EVER for a flyboy hero.

What I got was a much more nuanced story, which was a pleasant shock. Not sure if I like it more than a boys-own tale, but it is certainly good. The little vignette of drama that we have here is very good - we get some excellent characterisation (Blake and the commander are very well-drawn indeed, and we even see a great deal of Silvertip.) I think that the commander's emotions are wonderfully portrayed - he shows his own view of why Silvertip is doing what he does, but we get the impression that all Silvertip wants to do is go home for a while! He's a good man trying to do the right thing, and doesn't want to have to stay at war - even if he is needed.

The title of the piece intrigues me - because Blake doesn't seem like a sentimental girl; he seems like a nice fellow. It seems as if the title is written from the Commander's perspective, which is a cool touch.

One minor thing; the abbreviation "Cmdr" is a Naval abbreviation for the rank of Commander, which is just below naval Captain. It sounds as if they are all in the army and that the commander is the commander of a base or unit, above Captain Blake, and not actually holding the rank of Commander. It might be good to call him Major or Colonel, and have his job be titled commander rather than his rank. Unless, of course, you are going for a totally different sort of rank structure.

Pay it forward!