Reviews for A Tale of Death
xenolith chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
This is brilliant!

It's so weird though, reading it was quite nerve-wracking. On the one hand the short sentences and candid story telling made me read it like a rhyme, which is something I'd usually associate with comedy or a children's tale. And yet the subject matter is completely opposite. Death. And not just death, but another dead person. It was very morbid - and you really don't see enough of that around! Marvelous, really. Am now thoroughly inspired.

XD
cladovalleyahoo.com.br chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
This is unusual.. And very very good. It's short, but still make an impact. I loved it :)
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Oh my God - This was like a beautiful macabre fairy tale.

I loved the repitition of Death living in a duplex, which is probably where the fairy tale feeling came from. I also enjoyed the implication that he was there doing very human things while he was was waiting for the murder. Although you didn't give the game away until towards the end.

The image of Death holding up the watch and 'he's on a tight schedule, couldn't you tell?' was a brilliant moment, and really funny.
Thimble Whim chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
ahaha.. that was awesome. Great job _
Dreaming Of Something New chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
funny. Well written.
anaa-pixie chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
ha! total sense!
Noctilucous chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Hey, I didn't know he was listening to techno music, I didn't know he was that groovy! lmao. Your story's good, keep up the good work! I like it.
Plej chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
That was a pretty neat short. I like the quickness of it, and the humor. Keep up the good work.
Fay Diablo chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Oh, I freaking love this...

'Death lives in a duplex'...I can totally see that.

This is written very well.
judevanderhall chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I love the voice used. Even though you wrote in third person, you really get a feel for Death's voice, and all through his/her thoughts. It was well written and well executed. No lines were out of place, and no adjectives were used unnecessarily. Great job! It was a smashing effort.