Reviews for Alea Iacta Est
Cornellian chapter 2 . 11/2/2014
Shit, the last thing I was expecting to see at fictionpress was Cornell- or Clark Hall. I've got to pay that building a visit again.
CaseyT chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Very well written in terms of imagery but to be honest I couldn't stand the characters.
Legacy chapter 20 . 6/22/2009
This story is sheer genius! Brilliant characters. Time travel. Caesar, Pompey. GENIUS!

I love the way the prologue and the epilogue tie in, that Cassius was actually Quintus from the Prologue all along. Again, pure genius.

And the ending? C'est magnifique!

I love endings that don't always go for straight up happy. The twist that Decima and Quintus blend in to the Roman world and Daniel and Lily being executed? Just. . .Genius! All of it!

Bravo!
Rome's Daughter chapter 20 . 6/21/2009
how sad! I was not expecting that ending, but I still enjoyed the story. I'm glad Lily and Daniel died together...
Rome's Daughter chapter 18 . 6/21/2009
aww...lovely confession. :) poor dear Daniel. I don't like Cassio unless he comes saves them...
Rome's Daughter chapter 13 . 5/21/2009
Yay, they found her! I thought for sure Sextus would speak up for them, but apparently not. I am very curious as to how they will get back though. And...I wonder what the relationship is between our clumsy professor and the 'Sybil'. :) I await your next update!
sophiesix chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I really like your writing style, I think it really suits the period you are writing about!
Rome's Daughter chapter 11 . 5/15/2009
Ah, Daniel makes me smile! And young Sextus sounds pompous already! Yes, I remember Sextus, had to do a little research to refresh my memory, but I do remember. Apparently Cornelia raised him, but his mother was someone else altogether. It's so hard to keep track of all the different wives of the Roman nobility let alone who was their offspring!

I await your next update!

Oh, and I'm very glad Gillian joined them.
Rome's Daughter chapter 9 . 5/7/2009
Ah, poor Daniel. He's going to get in some serious trouble if he doesn't get SOME guts! If that was Pompey's son...would he be Caesar's nephew since Pompey married his sister? Or is he from a different wife? I love reading the Latin, even though I'm not a Latin scholar, I just love the language of the Romans! Update soon!
ami chapter 8 . 5/6/2009
I really like this story! Very amusing!
Rome's Daughter chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
Yay! I liked this chapter. Poor Gillian, I'd be having second thoughts too, if I wasn't sure. And you said this is the LAST chapter in modern day? Is that foreshadowing or what?
Rome's Daughter chapter 6 . 4/20/2009
woah, you update quickly! love it!

ok, cassio was nicer, now that he got what he wanted. yeah, Daniel does seem more awesome! He reminds me of a character i made...kind of. the whole shy stammering professor image is so adorable. i just wanna pat his cheeks. lol

I was lost on the whole quantum thing, but that's ok.

So...i'm guessing they're gonna send cassio there so he can use his roman knowledge to get Lily back. That's the girl's name, right?

I think my favorite aspect of your writing is your description on what Daniel is doing. I can totally picture him as you describe the WAY he looks at things and...yeah. Everyone else too. i just really love it!

No criticism for this one. :)

Thanks for the recommendation; I'll check it out.
Rome's Daughter chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
I love your writing. I love time traveling. And I LOVE Ancient Rome! I haven't studied it in a while, but I recognized Quintus Hortensius. Was he during this time, or does he just happen to have the same name as a hero who lived in beginning of Rome? Or am I just getting mixed up?

And Pompeius Manus? Is that...Pompey? Wow. I feel like I'm revisiting old friends! Oh,and I don't like Caesar. Never did.

I also don't like Cassio. He's mean, pushy, and violent. I do like the scientist though. Poor Dan, doesn't need a nosy history teacher messing things up when he's trying to fix things. How young is Daniel? I like him, even if he does need a back bone. And Gillian? Where does she fit in. Heck, if I knew my Physics teacher had a time machine I'd be curious and nosy too actually! I hope you'll go back to 48 B.C. soon. Ok, this review is super long.

OH! Cassio again...is this a short story? Or an actual long novel thing? 'Cause Cassio sure jumped on Dan's case FAST. I won't complain if you need it to hurry along because of length, but if that's not a limiting factor, I suggest you have him back off a bit. Or maybe that's just his nature...

Ok, I'll be quiet. Update soon!
sophie chapter 4 . 4/9/2009
The last line is such a good button on this chapter. I'm also a pretty big fan of the characterization in here.
Merri chapter 2 . 4/1/2009
okay so you definitely have to keep sending me notes when you update because this thing is SO COL! haha I am excited to read more.

When in the past you should have some more latin in the story though, it makes me so happy when I find random latin in stories ]