Reviews for The Awkward Dream Journal
GoneAndDeleted chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
I love the tone of this poem.I could easily imagine out what you far,there's no typos that I can see but maybe you could rename the poem to something more job!
AshesofGrace chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
This makes sense to me cause it reminds me of my dreams
SirScott chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I liked the part about being a number 119. That was pretty clever dreaming. Most dreams are pretty weird. I always thought of keeping a dream journal, but only recorded one dream in it.

SirScott
Arcane Hero chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I've just finished reading "Beauty" by Sheri S. Tepper, and I have to wonder if you've read it too. Your poem sounds like Tepper's Hell, which is probably the biggest compliment I've ever given. You've described everything beautifully. However, you spelled "awkward" wrong in the title, but maybe that helps to convey your point.
Isca chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I love the opening line. It's terrifying sometimes...the dark things that form in our mind when we sleep.

"Haloed" should probably be "Hallowed." Sorry, that was just a moment of grammar nazism hahaha.

"These nights are the kinds where mothers kill." OH MY GOD! THIS LINE IS INCREDIBLE! The tone is just...perfect! :D :D :D

"My teeth fall out of my head onto the carpet." Not only was the imagery in this line very vivid, but I loved the fact that the speaker alluded to 'teeth,' which is a common dream symbol.

"A backwards emergency." Wouldn't 119 then mean that there is no emergency? Sorry, it might just be me not reading the line correctly, but I did like what you were trying to do with this line-inverting the good/evil binary is creative. :)

-Isca
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
That was beautiful & thought-provoking.

You've got real talent!

I just recently posted 2 stories and I would really appreciate it if you could read and review with honest feedback or suggestions. Opinions from a writer like you would mean the world to me!