Reviews for Play It By Ear
smalltownlust chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
This is really good, I totally dig this poem. The metaphor supplies with very good imagery. Music Love
from beneath the bell jar chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Interesting piece. You utilized the metaphor very well and I appreciate the way you fit music into the poem and it generally melded quite well. It some places it seems a little stretched (like the bit with the fermata and earlier with melody but I think if you play about a little it will work out very well) but in lines like "tuning my hair with your fingers It's a little flat without your touch" and "The finale sends a crescendo up my spine" it is quite striking and the effect is quite good. My only real suggestion would be to use some formatting. FP's formatting sucks and I realize this, but this would be even more striking a piece if you used some formatting. On that note, very good piece.
Anachronistic Twist chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I really like the metaphor with the music here, especially "tuning my hair with your fingers/it's a little flat without your touch," but I think a little more rhythm would make this much tighter and more cohesive; the words feel smooth, but the different line lengths make the poem jarring.