Reviews for tell it to me in greek, darling
Isca chapter 4 . 6/1/2009
Cassiopeia should never have bragged about Andromeda's beauty. I mean, really, obviously Poseidon is going to be upset if you think a mortal woman is more beautiful than his lovely Nereids. Don't worry, Athena placed her in the sky as a constellation when she died-isn't that heart-warming? *Tear* :)
Isca chapter 3 . 6/1/2009
He's most-commonly the son of Ares and Aphrodite-which, you know, pretty much dooms him from the beginning as well. As for the origins of Cupid's arrows, I believe it began when Cupid dropped an arrow on his foot when he was trying to woo Psyche. :)
Isca chapter 2 . 6/1/2009
Didn't you find it so heart-breaking that Atalanta's father didn't deem her 'worthy' to raise as a child? But, then again, she wouldn't be a masterful huntress if she wasn't abandoned. Have you read Ovid's "Metamorphoses"? If not, I think you'd really love it. :)
Isca chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Achelous, son of Gaia. :)

I believe the Sirens were born from Achelous' broken horn?

I loved that, instead of focusing on Odysseus and other such nautical adventures, you chose to make the speaker the Sirens' father, who, of course, thoroughly enjoys their singing.
Siren-esque chapter 2 . 5/1/2009
I always appreciate haikus about Greek mythology. Your knowledge of the myths translated really well into the poetic form. Keep on writing!
Dale Christopher chapter 2 . 4/19/2009
I love the almost comical tone this one is written in. I also like your little descriptions of each myth after the haiku, it's very helpful for someone like me who isn't all that knowledgeable about Greek mythology.

Well done, once again.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Interesting idea. I love your style, there is something captured in it that really draws me in, but I can't place my finger on what. I'll keep an eye on this series.

Peace, Daze
Nicki BluIs chapter 2 . 4/17/2009
RM WINNER! CONGRATULATIONS!

I really like this one. The use of exclamtion marks was great in accentuatin the urgency and quickness of the piece. The exclamtions also broke the pattern of the haiku; despite the fact that you kept the 5-7-5 structure, the pattern was dictated by the punctuation. (Does that make sense? lol)

I also like the tone. It was almost like an "I told you so" type of demeanor, rather than a straight retelling.

Good job! Glad I kept this on alerts!

Review Squad Agent #069

Bubbles :P
Nicki BluIs chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
I love Greek mythology and thoguht this would be fun to read. However I must admit that this was a bit... underwhelming? I felt that you could have played with it a little more, given it abit more subtlety. Writing "daughter of Achelous" instead of siren was nice but an informed reader would have known or at least been able to make the deduction from the ship, singing and rocks. THe uninformed reader would simply read the a/n lol.

I guess what I mean is that I felt it was too straight-forward. It was written beutifully but it wasn't anything new. Sirens have been in literature since the ancients Greeks so having a new approach is key to making it interesting.

I can't wait to see what you do with other myths.

Bubbles :P
Unique1952 chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
This is a very interesting concept and I think that you've approached it nicely. I'm glad that you put the author's note at the end though, it seems I'm more behind with my knowledge of Greek and Roman mythology than I thought...

I don't read Haikus often, but I'm glad that I came across this one, nice work.
Katie Nicole chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
I like this! Because I took mythology and actually understood what you were talking about.

I thought it was unusual, though, that the poem seems to be directed to only one person, whereas there were multiple Sirens, weren't there? Is there one in particular that appeals to the speaker?

Just wondering.

Nice work [:

_

Katie
ABANDONED2 chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
:D:D:D:D

*I know you've not heard from me in ages, I'm sorry, I should be posting something next month is, after exams.*

Have I ever told you that I love greek mythology?

I thought this was really interesting, I really liked it

I'm guessing that since it said collection there will be more...?