Reviews for Moment
LostInMe chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Such a touching poem! I thought it was really sweet, and it's nice of you to write this in memory of your teacher. Many people don't stop to consider how much a teacher does for them.
Locust Locus chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
This was actually quite nicely written; the feelings are defined well by the choice of words without seeming too overbearing or flowery. The rhyme scheme was also interesting. You see a lot of poems that sacrifice meaning and depth for poor rhymes; this isn't one of them. Aside from the line "Now gone, lost in the sea", that is. I can't help but think "Now gone, lost to history" or something entirely different would have been better. If you're referencing a sea of souls, I don't think the image is brought across too well.

I don't like the religious tones/references, though. If your teacher was Christian, I can understand it being relevant. Otherwise it seems to detract a bit from the actual message behind the poem; the pain over losing not only someone you loved, but also the opportunity to admit your gratitude to them.

Overall, though, an enjoyable read.
DraganMir chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
This is lovely. The emotion is clear throughout. Well written as always, this really conveys the loss of a life well. Though sad, there is always a silver lining in these instances. There comes a comfort that is provided by the knowledge that the recently departed is with our Father in Heaven.

I feel for your loss of a mentor, and friend. I truly hope that your loss is not too severe for you.