Reviews for Couldn't Stand the Weather
Midnight113 chapter 16 . 12/26/2009
Cool story, I've been enjoying it. Can't wait for more!
PoppySeeds chapter 16 . 12/26/2009
I finally got to read it! First of all, finding a month old bag of candy corn in your desk and eating it? Lol. That is so something I would do. There were quite a few funny lines in here that got a chuckle out of me.

You know, I think that even though in the beginning this started out as Cory's story, it's really more Rhett's. I think he is the main character and I like getting inside his head. He's the epitome of romance novel tough guy/sweet guy and I love him. "I like beer and donuts." HAHA! he's a literal softie. RIM SHOT!

Liam is a complete D-bag. How did he manage to go three weeks without finding out? And why is he still so unenthusiastic about Emma? I'm not exactly sure how you're going to resolve that but I will wait patiently for you to give my my cliche happy ending, RIGHT?

No worries on the wait, it was worth it. :)

and p.s. anonymous reviewer below. don't be such a fuc**ing prude. People screw on the first date all the time, it's 2010. I get not liking something - perfectly acceptable but there are polite ways of going about constructive criticism.
ShrimpoJewels chapter 16 . 12/26/2009
Yay an update...I don't think they're moving too fast, it just makes their relationship that much sweeter. They are seriously the sweetest couple I adore them! Screw Liam...don't let him f up the two of them (
Hiddengirl10 chapter 16 . 12/25/2009
Merry Christmas to you as well. I personally like your story and I don't think Rhett and Cory are moving that fast. I mean its like you said, they've known each other for years and years. Anyway, love the story and can't wait to keep reading. Have a wonderful new year!
Somedaymydreamswillcome chapter 16 . 12/25/2009
I love Gravity by John Mayer! :D ahahhaha Just thought I should let you know. ;)
un chien andalusia chapter 16 . 12/25/2009
hm...did cory drop the bombshell on liam because she wanted everything to be in the open and because she was genuinely happy to be with rhett? or did she do it because she has a bad habit of blurting things at the wrong times?

while i don't hate her as one reviewer does (and i sympathise with your author's note), i think the men in this story are better drawn. i mean i understand rhett's and liam's motivations a whole lot more than i do cory's.

i really want to empathise with her but at times she does come across as rather self-centred or at best, oblivious - oblivious as to how her actions affect others, but not in a mean way, you know?...uh, not sure if i'm explaining myself properly here. ;-)

maybe she needs to do some growing up. e.g. certainly her treatment of her stepfather hasn't been very mature...understandable, but so juvenile at the same time.

maybe it's the curse of the beautiful? to be pretty and to have things come easily (save the acting career) for her.

anyhoo, hope she matures by the end of the story. i do like the rhett and cory coupling...but she needs to grow up in order to deserve rhett.

see you in the new year. happy holidays.
Only4Miken chapter 16 . 12/25/2009
It sucks that Rhett and Liam aren't going to talk anymore. Family is important. Looking forward to the next chapter.
hottie23 chapter 2 . 12/25/2009
YAY! Great chapter.

Is Rhett younger than Cory?
LondonLi chapter 16 . 12/25/2009
I disagree; I don't think they're moving too fast. They have all this HISTORY and that makes up for the relative lack of time. And just so it's on record, I REALLY don't like Liam. I get that he was in love with her awhile ago, but if she was it for him, he should have followed her when she left town. I like Cory and Rhett together and I'm glad that Cory made the stand on their status. Thanks for the update.
Jinxed Rogue chapter 16 . 12/25/2009
Merry Christmas!

Usually I can't stand when characters are rushed together and don't think that's your case.

I think your comment about Cory and Rhett having known each other since fifth grade hits the nail on the head, also Rhett's had a crush on her for years. This was something a long time coming, as your writing emphasized at several points from the beginning of the story, they had a past already that had pretty much been somewhat resolved at the start of the story and they were ready to move onto the next level of their relationship. That is quite different than just throwing two random strangers together.
greenestar chapter 15 . 12/24/2009
So here I thought I had finished this chapter and reviewed it, but no, because I double checked when you just updated and I was like, oh damn, better finish and review!

Good job! Very steamy scene! ;)
candiesnbunnies chapter 15 . 12/9/2009
Ok, how can I explain how amazing this story is? I'm hooked. I love the characters, from Avery to Cory, to Rhett... I love them all! I love Rhett, he's so... mature, yet a little bit of his childish manners are still present. It's like, yes, first he used to be the reckless brother until Cory left and he had to be all grown up to take care of his brother. And you portray him really well. And he's so understanding. I swear he makes a good "prince charming" or, well, you know what I mean.

I have to say it's really amazing the relationship between Cory and Rhett. It's like they're perfect for each other, so in love. Or well, it seems like they're both falling hardly. Especially Rhett, though he seems to have already fallen. Man, I love a guy with some romance, though it's clear he's not that happy he’s been all romantic and gooey concerning Cory. That's why I think he's so charming. He's like this macho man who has this soft side. Perfect, I say. And Cory... she's a real character huh? But she seems easily to fall for. She's simple but, not really, at the same time. Bah, I hope you can understand what I mean.

I do have to say, you impressed me with this chapter. And I'm not saying for the "hot" stuff (although it was... intensive, to say the least) but because I could truly see in this chapter how they're both truly falling for each other, like I said before, especially Rhett.

This is an amazing story! I love it and can't wait to read more. Keep it up!
chicagobabe chapter 15 . 11/26/2009
oh,new reader here :D. im hoocked! and i lovin the way it turned out so far, update soon
mylifeismine chapter 15 . 11/23/2009
omg! It's been a month! You should definitely update
ashalayy aka freddi d chapter 15 . 11/19/2009
wow that was intimate lolz
401 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »