Reviews for Heroic Blaze SolAka (壮烈火炎 ソルアカ)
RodMan chapter 9 . 11/19/2013
It's been a while since I've read this, but I'm glad to see there is more left to read. I'll be eager to catch up on the rest of the chapters as well. Do you plan on continuing this story btw, Paws?
Brendan Rizzo chapter 12 . 6/1/2013
Oh good, you've updated. I was hoping that this story would not be forgotten, and you did not disappoint. All considered, though this chapter did have a battle, it looks like a breather in the grand scheme of things before our heroes fight the main enemies. I am happy to see that the Dai-Yamato crew is not completely useless.

As for technical aspects, you need to start a new paragraph even when the dialogue tag is after the dialogue itself. Also, the battle sequence was a little difficult to follow, but I'm sure that is nothing that you cannot handle.

If you want this story to get a TV Tropes page, all you have to do is ask.

Oh, and by the way, remember that mecha story that I was writing? Hyper Fighting Machine Marmalade? You will (hopefully) be glad to learn that I have begun updating it again, and have just recently added two more chapters.

Let's do this again sometime.
TheBloodEdge chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Oh dear God. A super robot story, hell, a mecha story on Fictionpress? I thought I was the only one writing this stuff around here. Glad to see someone else doing something mecha without 'Gundam' in its name!

Oh dear God, an epic theme song! SOMEONE GET JAM PROJECT OVER HERE!

Based on this first chapter, I'm expecting the story to be something like Dancouga Nova. Hot chick fighting evil giant robots in a bird mecha! And a mix of Yoko from Gurren Lagann with the teacher secret identity thing.

Nevertheless, I definitely felt the SUPER ROBOT SPIRIT erupting from this story. And with 12 chapters, you better see this to the end!
Brendan Rizzo chapter 11 . 2/20/2012
Sorry it took so long for me to review this. For some reason the site no longer alerts me when stories are updated.

In any case... so many tropes are being used now! Now there's a Sentai group? Next chapter should be interesting indeed.

I just don't know why Yang would be TELLING the heroes his plans, though. Is he that confident? I sense a fatal character flaw!

Please update this soon.
Sierra Horizon chapter 11 . 6/30/2011
This is the best mecha story I've read on here. Keep it up!
Brendan Rizzo chapter 10 . 11/19/2010
Holy shit. Just, holy shit. The humans' best weapon was destroyed just like that? Things really are just up to the mecha pilots, after all. (By the way, this chapter probably had better writing than any of the others.) Now I can get into this; Torahiko is all kinds of awesome.

But just one thing. Is Indra's mecha called the Gavajar or the Gajavar? Both spellings are used with almost equal frequency...
Brendan Rizzo chapter 9 . 11/16/2010
So Yuuko/Hiori is not the only one fighting. How did Torahiko get to America? He seems like a hot-blooded fellow; let's see if this mecha battle will be more "traditional".
Brendan Rizzo chapter 8 . 11/16/2010
So humans are not useless, huh? Has Yami been defeated already? I suppose I'll find out later...
Brendan Rizzo chapter 7 . 11/16/2010
Oh geez... Yuuko is PISSED. What did Yami do to her in the past? This came completely without warning.

(And why does Shenbu abbreviate things with the Roman alphabet? Presumably they don't write in it...)
Brendan Rizzo chapter 6 . 11/16/2010
So, are we finally going to get to the mecha battles? It has been five chapters already and still no action. Wait a minute. If Yuuko and the others aren't human, and they are the ones piloting the mecha, that more or less defeats the purpose of the humans in the story. Generally, in a Super Robot series humans triumph in the face of adversity; they don't have aliens do it for them. I hope you are good at writing fight scenes.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 5 . 11/16/2010
And this chapter is just about the Shirei government-in-exile. I had a suspicion about the Hidakas, but I thought that they must just be members of the Hoshizawa. Is that organization going to do anything meaningful, or is it just an excuse to have Shenbu attack Japan? Interesting how Shenbu has Chinese-Iranian names, while Shirei has Japanese names. It is ALSO interesting that both planets are kingdoms; presumably Shirei is a constitutional monarchy? It doesn't seem to be acting that way. Why can't we have representative democracies in these kinds of settings?

So Yuuko was the Princess all long. Now we know that the Prologue was a flashforward and that she will fight Yami. She is a unique choice for a mecha pilot, that is sure.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 4 . 11/16/2010
So Yang reveals his true colors as a dictator, eh? This chapter was mostly just him speaking with his direct subordinates; for some reason most of them have Chinese or Iranian names. Hm, is that a reference to the fact that both countries are dictatorships? The thing I ask is, why is Yami so insistent on having a particular mecha? This should be a plot point...
Brendan Rizzo chapter 3 . 11/16/2010
Aah, infodump. Is it bad that I think that Emperor Yang has a point? It's only implied that he is an absolute monarch, after all. Wait a minute, there are some parts of his speech which do not make sense. How can Shenbu and Shirei have once been one planet? There is no way that life would survive a cataclysm that could rend a planet in two. And apparently Yang is only fighting humanity as a challenge to test its strength? Does he want to destroy the human race or ally with it? This is so confusing...
Brendan Rizzo chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
Hmm... the writing is better in the first "real" chapter, but is still stilted in places. Presumably these characters are all important... somehow I think that Yuuko is going to get involved with the mecha fights.

One thing though. According to her birthdate, Yuuko is 25 years old. Her mother is described as "almost seventy", suggesting that Meimi was almost fifty when Yuuko was born. That seems a bit old.

Interesting how the characters names are written in Western order while in English, but in Japanese script they are given in Japanese order. Nice touch... for a given value of nice, anyway.

Onto the next chapter!
Brendan Rizzo chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Hmm... this seems interesting. I happen to love the Super Robot genre, and this story is the first Humongous Mecha-inspired work I have yet seen on FictionPress. The only problem is that things are worded rather strangely, as if English is not your first language, yet your profile says that you live in the United States. Nevertheless, I will not judge this badly just because of that, unless this turns out to be a permanent thing.

Oh, and I don't want to engage in Shameless Self-Promotion, but could you read my story by any chance? It's called Hyper Fighting Machine Marmalade!, and it is a parody of mecha and other anime series here.

Good luck,