Reviews for Heroic Blaze SolAka (壮烈火炎 ソルアカ) (ON HOLD)
Brendan Rizzo chapter 4 . 11/16/2010
So Yang reveals his true colors as a dictator, eh? This chapter was mostly just him speaking with his direct subordinates; for some reason most of them have Chinese or Iranian names. Hm, is that a reference to the fact that both countries are dictatorships? The thing I ask is, why is Yami so insistent on having a particular mecha? This should be a plot point...
Brendan Rizzo chapter 3 . 11/16/2010
Aah, infodump. Is it bad that I think that Emperor Yang has a point? It's only implied that he is an absolute monarch, after all. Wait a minute, there are some parts of his speech which do not make sense. How can Shenbu and Shirei have once been one planet? There is no way that life would survive a cataclysm that could rend a planet in two. And apparently Yang is only fighting humanity as a challenge to test its strength? Does he want to destroy the human race or ally with it? This is so confusing...
Brendan Rizzo chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
Hmm... the writing is better in the first "real" chapter, but is still stilted in places. Presumably these characters are all important... somehow I think that Yuuko is going to get involved with the mecha fights.

One thing though. According to her birthdate, Yuuko is 25 years old. Her mother is described as "almost seventy", suggesting that Meimi was almost fifty when Yuuko was born. That seems a bit old.

Interesting how the characters names are written in Western order while in English, but in Japanese script they are given in Japanese order. Nice touch... for a given value of nice, anyway.

Onto the next chapter!
Brendan Rizzo chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Hmm... this seems interesting. I happen to love the Super Robot genre, and this story is the first Humongous Mecha-inspired work I have yet seen on FictionPress. The only problem is that things are worded rather strangely, as if English is not your first language, yet your profile says that you live in the United States. Nevertheless, I will not judge this badly just because of that, unless this turns out to be a permanent thing.

Oh, and I don't want to engage in Shameless Self-Promotion, but could you read my story by any chance? It's called Hyper Fighting Machine Marmalade~!, and it is a parody of mecha and other anime series here.

Good luck,

~Brendan
RodMan chapter 8 . 9/9/2010
Once again, another great chapter of SolAkA. This story has a really great feel to it, and it feels like in my mind im actually watching an anime. I'm surprised you didn't put this in the manga section because it certainly has an anime influenced feel. Nonetheless, the battle was well written, and detailed enough to understand all that was happening. A few cliche lines here and there, but nothing to deprive of the euphoria I had while reading this. All in all... you must continue writing this! Or I will never forgive you!

~Bash
RodMan chapter 7 . 7/30/2010
I gotta tell ya. Now that I've caught up, I can't wait to see Yuuko and Yami fight! I also have an interest in Toramaru too, and I love how his name also matches his type of mech. Good story so far, can't wait to see how the battles unfold.

~Bash
RodMan chapter 3 . 7/27/2010
I've read the first three chapters and I gotta say, the concept for this story so far has been interesting. I can't wait to see the reaction to the Emperor's declaration! This is an overall good story, although I believe it wouldn't hurt to add a little more in each chapter. So far, so good!

~Bash D
lili999 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
We are a leading company that wholesales Adidas shoes, brand shoes

,bags,caps,watches ect. such as Ipod nano, lv bags,caps,nike shoes,

air jordan series(1-22),air force1,air max series,shox series,

ape bapesta shoes,adidas shoes puma shoes etc. We have different colors,

fashionable designs for your choice. Top quality with a reasonable price,

Our product sell well all over the world,.And we also can make according

to your we accept mixed order. we also accept sample orde.

we have good relationship with many companies,we have good after sell

service and dispatching goods fast and safe,so if you are interested in it,

feel free to contact us:

web: /
authorLH chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Interesting story! I like it! X]
Steamrollers Solve All chapter 5 . 10/1/2009
Well, things are certainly proving interesting. We're finding out that the Shirei are a lot more sympathetic than I thought before (apologies if that wasn't your intent) and we're finding out more about the situation as a whole. The hospital lady (apologies, there's been a lot of names very quickly and it's hard to keep track) is turning out to be more important than I thought at first, and I knew she was going to play a big role from the start so that's really saying something.

I hope you continue with this.
Steamrollers Solve All chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
God damn I can't believe something awesome like this went under my radar until I stumbled off being on your favorites list.

I look forward to this. I *really* do. I loves me my mecha and you had a great start to this to set the mood.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2