Reviews for Roses for the Dead
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Love the pretty words in this and all the imagery ] Lovely!
HPRK08 chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Nice, really nice. The poem scares me a little, but in a good way. Awesome job! I like the last line the best, To place on cold tomb where for eternity she’s lain, now the petals shall ease the sharp thorns pain. ]

Sunny
oxygenicide chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
'Bring me sweetheart, some roses for my dead

Scarlet in remembrance of how she bled'

My favourite part of the poem along with the last line. I loved this, great work!
Jack O'Leary chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Once again, a nice poem. The speaker seems to feel some sort of remorse. The roses, which the speaker longs for seem to indicate that he/she feels remorse and regret for something he did, or perhaps did not do. Not so "gothic" as emotive, but a nice poem, nonetheless.
The-Golden-Hour chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
wow, this poem gives me the heeby jeebys xD

lol good job ]
Storyteller's Shadow chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Very well done! Gothic, but romantic at the same time. There are only some things you can fix.

This line "So she wont awaken with moon and sleep by day" you should say like this "So she won't awaken with the moon and sleep by day" I added a the and a '

The last line "...the sharp thorns pain" "...the sharp (thorn's or thorns') pain"

I really liked reading this.
the meaning of life chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
the rhythm was off at a few points but the overall rhythm was nice.I do suggest that where you said: "Darling I beg for one thing- one!" that instead of "one!" you but a comma and write "just one". Because the exclamation point make it sound amatearish to me and this poem definetly wasn't. I liked the overall message. good job.

oh, and thanks for reading my poems!

-The Meaning OF Life