Reviews for Performance Anxiety
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
this is good! this is what i meant when i reviewed impression. it has the same theme, stage-fear and the rest of feelings that go with it. still needs more details but i really liked it, especially the last lines. Keep it up!
Isca chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
"Deep breath," "inoutinoutinoutinout," and "1234 1234," were lines that emphasized the speaker's nervousness and anxiety-normally, lines like these don't enhance a poem, but that wasn't the case here since they worked well.

"There are too many people I know!" This was a good glimpse into the speaker's thoughts-very realistic. The speaker is obviously scared of 'failing' or 'making a mistake' in front of people she knows.

"You can do anything." I thought it was cute that it was this person's 'smile' or 'the look on their face' that sent this message-sometimes it's these little actions that mean the most and are so encouraging.

Good ending. It's funny how people get into 'into the moment' when they perform, and afterwards, often wonder how they managed to dance correctly or remember the words-sometimes it's such a big blur.

Keep up the good work,

-Isca

(The Review Game - Poems - Easy Fix)
mikey magee chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
I loved the way you bunched some of the words together like "inoutinoutinoutinout". They really helped to convey the sense of nerves and shyness.

"Panic attacks my senses," I loved this line, but I think re-wording it would give it a little more impact. Like say, "Panic attacks my senses like bullets from a gun."

I absolutely loved the last stanza. It had a nice feeling to it, how everything can turn out right if you just try. I didn't like how the last stanza was so far away from the rest of the poem though (it's just a personable preference so feel free to ignore that.)

Wonderful work! Keep Writing! :)