Reviews for the caring profession
The-Golden-Hour chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Oh,my,god...this is really mind-blowing and its soo mind-blowing i can hardly keep up with the words!...you have obviously fused the dictionary into your brain! D
A Rose in Weeds chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
this is... simply beautiful. so very well written. i feel as if you captured the, true heart of any writer when you wrote: "find me, please –

i want you to know every terrifying detail of the

prologue to my very own comedic

tragedy – this piece of farce you may call a life – i

want to uncover the entirety of

my secrecy in a monologue to outwit king lear." what a truly caring profession both writing and love are.
dawnimoya chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
wow, i love your use of language. i really respect the word play, and the entire piece is so lyrical and fluent. haha, i like this line: "follow these collapsing

syllables (in times new romance)" - very clever! it made me smile.(: this line stands out for me too: " i am open (but

not quite a book). an anthology of ambiguity, a collection

of certainty. " beautifully written. :D love it.

xx
alkfhdakjd1 chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
It's so annoying to not know what to say in a review. ]

Anyway, I just have to say I'm blown away, not just by your poem (which was lovely and different and very well written) but also by your style, the way you seem very comfortable in it, and your knowledge of poetry. I don't know what it is, but you seem like you've been writing poetry for years and are therefore very comfortable with the words, and so they just come out in this almost perfect way, just flowing together cohesively.

That's pretty much this poem: cohesive. Everything fit together, everything flowed from one thought to the next, and the words just went with each other. You've an amazing grasp of language. I have to wonder - do you extensively edit? or plan out a poem before you write it? or do the words just come to you?

I like the rhythm of this poem - it's almost like the surging of the sea. It seems to peak sometimes, and then ebbs away. And the ending was great – the rest of the poem was very similar in flow and style, but the ending seemed more clipped, abrupt, as if we were getting closer to the present, or as if the narrator had been waiting to say it and finally could. ]

Anyway, a lovely poem, you’re an amazing author, and I’ll definitely be on the lookout for more from you. xx
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Whoa, I am absolutely dazzled o_o

First things first, the form. I liked the way you fiddled with text formatting - almost like reading the poem (the use of enjambement adds to the flow) out loud with a tone, emphasising every now and then. Also the use of "&", no capitalisation and colloquial phrases like "anyways" "just answer me" makes this personal and less rigid, as a lot of poems are.

But this does not compromise your rich word choice - not just the sophisticated wide of vocabulary, the adjectives which are less commonly used and therefore create more unique images, but also some very original connections, "chlorophyll of Eden", "lopsided idea".

Although this is not my usual idea of poetry (you've probably noticed that I'm quite conscious of form and especially rhyming ;P, and so the length is rather controlled), I do like the images that the length has allowed to create; and your disregard of form has enabled your ideas to flow and fill the reader's mind )

The last verse sums it all up well, and has brought a smile to my lips, again the work of your word choice - "sweet & strange".

Overall I cannot think of anything negative to say, other than the fact that there is no form at all, but like I said this obsession is negligible when it meets poems of such stunning beauty as this )

WRITE ON!

fleur
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
words have failed me, which i find absolutely irritating! because you gave me such a stupendous, well-thought-out, amazing review. and here i am, giving you...crap that will help you not at all. the best i can give you is my praise and the gift of favoriting. :D
deefective chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Holy shet. This was absolutely AMAZING. The flow, the word choice, the writing, PERFECT. Wow, this was really beautifully written.