Reviews for A Touch of Sight
R. Ficst chapter 26 . 2/2
Nice work. Thank you for posting!

I feel like some of their relationship could be expanded and developed more. The themes of jealousy and monogamy could definitely use a little more, particularly because they seem unconventional to your main character, and with how easily she accepts and falls into it, it would be good to know more of the emotional development and thought process.
Reverie-enchantee chapter 26 . 1/3/2012
Hello, what a strange story! I felt puzzled more than once. May be because of the genre. I sometimes had the feeling that, like the bloodbond, there was an area of unknown, blurred boundaries, indecisiveness. May be because I still have questions unanswered. I enjoy reading how writers play with vampires. Temporal boundaries is what interests me the most. It sometimes reminded me of a "huiclos" without the confined space. I hope it makes sense _
blythely chapter 26 . 11/9/2011
Oh MY GOD. this is so good. it's breathtaking. youre officially one of my favourite authors, EVER. i don't get why this doesn't have more reviews, it's so underrated! i HEART HEART HEART this to trillionth degree.
secretlifeofmegan chapter 26 . 8/14/2011
I don't understand how this story doesn't have more reviews. I loved it. I think it's my favorite story I've read of yours. I read the whole thing in like two days. Love it.
Handsome Devil chapter 26 . 7/25/2011
I have no words. This story was amazing. I think I may just be in love with each of the characters... yes, I really mean each of them.

Ok not Raum or Lucy :p

But anyway, this was a lovely story. Rade, Sorin, and Lucien..I also have no words for. Let's just say that our dear main character is one lucky lady! Haha.

I loved reading this. And I love you for writing this. Thanks again :)

I will probably be re-reading this in the near future.

PS: I enjoyed this so much..I basically read it in one sitting! I couldn't turn away!
CrimsonSilence chapter 9 . 6/11/2011
Yep you're on my favorite authors list because you quote yann martel and ralph waldo emerson...also because you write well as well
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 26 . 5/4/2011
this story was seriously delicious xD i think i'll always remember that scene when she walked in on them and rade was chained..phew! i actually didn't mind that she was a female, i generally like slash better since it's more than one hot guy but damn this story was hot, lol. i liked how you made the vampires and every other supernatural being out to be, uniqe ) i've read a lot of vampire-stories *cough* (can you say guilty pleasure?) but i've never read anything quite like this..thank you so much for sharing
ClearBlueSkies chapter 26 . 3/1/2011
Lol, dude this story is WACK! *in the absolute best way*

haha, I heart you and your writing dude! Its amazing!

Seriously, you mind-f**k me everytime dude!

Nah, FARK! Your stories are EPICEPICEPIC!

LoveLoveLove

Miaxx
WishesofImmortality chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
*happy sigh* This was wonderful. I haven't read a vampire story in forever - i used to love them, pre-twilight, but then they became every teenage girl's wet dream and i got annoyed, especially with the ones on FP. I'm glad I didn't realize this one had vamps in it until I was already hooked. :D

Just a few things: in the beginning, when Rade originally comes to ask for help, it's because his friends have been killed. The story goes on to show that he's extremely attached and intimate with his comrades, but he never really sees to mourn them, at least where Lia can see, which makes their deaths feel kind of... pointless.

Also, Lia's history with Raum... it was a really cool plot,very original, but I feel like the opening chapters could have kinda led into it a bit more. As it was, it felt kind of like you'd decided on it at the last minute and just threw it in there. Wouldn't she have thought about it a bit more, or at least alluded to it in the several chapters before his character was introduced since it was a huge part of her life? And how did she know what her stepmom had done (summoned him) if she was killed immediately?

I have to say, I LOVELOVELOVE that you didn't make her pick between the guys. I'm writing a polyamorous relationship in my latest story, and it just made me grin the whole time. *beaming smile*

Judging by your author's notes, you already know that the ending battles were a bit rushed, so I won't harp on that. Haha.

I know this story's finished, so I normally wouldn't have bothered critiquing, but I loved this story, so I'm kind of hoping you'll follow through on the rewrite so i have a good excuse to reread. Let me know if you ever need a beta or CP, because I'd love to help out. :)

And congrats on your SKoW nom! I'm off to read that story next.

Happy writing,

Addy
jlr chapter 26 . 2/2/2011
I had read one of your stories in the past (about Davi), and I really liked it, but I think that this one shows a certain amount of growth in the author. I thought that the writing was excellent, and that the climax was very well designed, if not perfectly executed. All of the craziness going on makes for a very good plot, but it was a little hard not to get confused. But I thought that up until that point you did a really good job of building a story that had a good interaction between plot and character development.

I think that there is enough material for you to write a sequel (if you haven't already done so). Happy writing. jlr
minor5chord chapter 19 . 1/28/2011
So I learned about the Fomorians in one of my lectures the other day and immediately thought of this story. I spent a while trying to figure out which one Gavin might be...my first guess was Balor since he does have an eyepatch...

So thanks for making my day!
Chocorange888 chapter 26 . 1/2/2011
I read this in one go today...While I should have been revising...Anyway, I think it's great, with good character development, pace and a very creative story line which is different from the usual vampire/mythology plots (and a group of good looking men is just a bonus). Thank you!
anony chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Okay, seriously.

I haven't even finished read the first chapter - I'm not even half way through the first chapter but you have me asking, WHO ARE YOU? How does one write so WELL! You have this bizarre images in my head and the pacing of some of the words is just. Nice.

Good job!

How are you surprised that you won best written?
AndItMovesUsAll chapter 26 . 11/27/2010
The best story i've read in ages! And its a vamp story which ive avoided for a couple of years now as a result of over-indulgence in the genre and annoying fanfics. But as you said, that wasnt the focus of the story but i still loved all of the supernatural beings you had in this. I liked your take on gods, witches and demons, you could tell you'd really thought about it. The scenes where Lia is re-living her torment with Raum were amazingly well written, it was an interesting take on demons and how they inflict pain. Supernatural ideas like that are hard to get across in books, but you really felt like you were there. Also, i loved your take on clairvoyancy with people leaving traces everywhere requiring cleansing.I particalarly like the way Lia associates people with smells as well, it was cleverly done.

And i have to say the opening chapter to this book is honestly one of the best ive ever read. Ever. It just makes you so curious, from the minute she starts talking about how she cant touch, you sympathise and want to know why. The description of her finger movements was really well written and showed me your skill as a writer as well as being a goodway of introducing her life and the feelings and precautions she has to take each day.

Your charatcers are facinating, there's really a strong sense of who Lia is and its easy to empathise with her. Rade was so easy to love and there was agreat depth there. Although im confused aboutthe fact that when she found out about the blood doll thing and she immediately accused him of using her for strength it wasnt cleared up later in the story. Both Sorien and Lucien were endearing as well as sexy ;) and created such an interesting trio with Rade. You really had the right balence of characters with Camille as the close friend and Gavin as the new one that they werent sure about.

I only had a few problems with this, firstly there was some initial confusion in the earlier chapters, where certain terms were introduced, such as gaeys (im so sorry ive completely forgotten how its spealt)and i couldnt find an explanation but they were spoken about like i should have known. Also that first time she dreamed and got lost in that dark bit and she woke up to lucien masturbating Rade was quite confusing because when she wakes up and sees that she understands why he was doing that to Rade but still asks for clarification wheras as a reader i had no idea why that was necessary because i didnt realise that she was in his mind in the dream. The dream scenes alawya confused me a little bit but only because i dont understand whos minds are involved. Also towards the end, in the bits with action, Lia seems to get a lot of info about how everyone ended up finding eachother but im still slightly confused as to whether Gavin was specifically looking for Lia and if Rade and the others knew what they were getting into when they went looking for Lia origianlly.-I know this sounds like a lot of criticism but its honestly not, im just bad at getting my point across. I actaully genuinely LOVE this story and think you should consider tryign to get published.

O i almost forgot- the love scenes were brilliant. This whole novel was quite erotic and i love the relationship between the four of them and suprisingly the openess didnt bother me,it doesnt take way from what her and Rade have because you make it so natural and loving to them. Plus you knew just the right amount of smut to put in throughout the story. I have to admit i was hoping for a treat with all of them at the end there but thats just wishful thinking on my part i suppose and i can understand that probaby wouldnt fit with the story.

This is the longest review ive writtne in ages, but i can't wait to read more of yours! :D
Miss Bitterbiscuit chapter 5 . 11/20/2010
I was reading your story again, (because there is a serious lack of good reading material on FP recently, probably because of the plagiarism)and I want to know what happens to Rade when Ophelia gets old and dies. You say that losing her will kill him because of the bond. Just a random pondering.
132 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »