Reviews for the word 'letdown' comes to mind
patsylooj chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Gah, perfect. I'd like to print this out and slip it under my own mother's door because you capture this conflict in way that is so incredibly scathing yet...gentle, I guess. It's cushioned. At first...

For some reason "marble notebook" emboldened in my eyes when I read it. I saw that classic, conventional elementary school notebook, but also this intense, laden weight if you put "marble" in the context of the stone.

I adore this.
cupids.battlefield chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I really enjoyed this, good work.

The bitter emotions it causes to errupt work fabulously alongside the innocence of the childhood stories. The subsequent loss of said innocence, and the character turning into a "hateful person", is portrayed marvelously.

Though what really made this piece for me was the "contemporary rendition" of "Kyle and the Beanstalk".

Fantastic. D

CB
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
this is great, and i can't put my finger on exactly why. i love the repetition of '_, mom,' and the ending is really well done. this whole poem is very thought-provoking, and i really, really like it.

just one tiny thing: "don't leaf through it's / pages" should be "don't leaf through its / pages."

will go and check out your other stuff now!