Reviews for whisper
assaasddjeioe chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
This is amazing! You're language flows so well, and your imagery is really evocative. I wish I could think of some way you could do better, because I know hearing how great you are isn't always as satisfying as hearing ways you can improve, but I truly can't think of any way this should be change. Not a single word is out of place.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
I can definitely relate to this, especially the sensuous descriptions at the beginning, and the fact that you want books new. Somehow there is a satisfaction in reading new books which get old in your hands (and new books smell nicer! old ones smell of dusty second-hand shops). Enjambement throughout the poem chops the sentences up as though the speaker is whispering warily at the reader.

An interesting idea, that books lose their magic in the morning - I like the way you finish with perserverence :)
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I read it in one breath (well, not literally, though almost) and I've been left breathless. It's an amazing thing because it's not heavy poetry, no T.S Eliot study-guide affair. It's the language- the flow- the diction- the devil is in the detail, and that's it, I guess, all the little parts and combinations of words and sylalbles and sounds singing together in harmony with THE soul of the universe.
the prophet apathetic chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
M, I really like this one. You really take your readers senses captive. I become this dreamer. I feel that drowsy disappointment, and that love for simple objects holding magnificent secrets, that stark return to reality, that unceasing and directionless hope and yearning for mystery.

Maybe I just really relate. Either way the writing is very enjoyable.
MoistenedBint chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
...how is it I've read this...three times? and am just now getting around to reviewing? -_-

But basically, um, AMAZING. Because falling asleep in a bed full of books is like the best thing EVER. YOU FEEL SMARTER WHEN YOU WAKE UP, I KID YOU NOT. Unless it was homework books. In which case you have a headache. But still.

HEART!
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
WOW, that was beautiful! I love your imagery and rhythm in this, it just flows so perfectly.

Wonderful write!
Andrea Lotte chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
I love this. The imagery is so nice and the feeling's so applicable. I actually prefer old books to new ones...I actually just wrote a poem about old books and poems! :)

Anyway, I really like how the sentences run into each other. I get a breathless, excited tone from it. But again, I really do love the imagery. All the smells and sights!

Great job!
tonight we storm chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
first off i want to say thank you so much for taking the time out to give me so many reviews haha :) anyway, you're an amazing writer. everything is great about this poem. i thought the length would bore me but everything flowed so well. your writing really appeals to the senses. beautiful.
Paytie-Pie chapter 1 . 4/9/2009