Reviews for Prairie
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
This is an example of where less is more.

You have some gorgeous imagery here: "scattered freckles" is especially appealing, and I love how you described the grass as "an ocean." I never would have thought of something like that - it seems kind of counterintuitive - but it totally works.

Very surreal and sensory, simple yet effective. I love this. Well done.
A Fire Rose chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Love the visual descriptions in this poem! They are absolutely lovely! Are the freckles of pink and yellow flowers? I wasn't quite sure. The last stanza was a little generally unclear to me as well. The first stanza, I think, is my favorite :-)
sophiesix chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
You have some really lovely descriptions here - tides of gold and brittle greens undulating was so good i really didn't think you needed to specify 'grass' :) love teh flowers as freckles too, and the wagons as sails, it really evoked both teh image and teh feel of teh scene for me. Loved too the idea of teh sea beneath teh stormy sky, the 'field of blues and deeper greens'. It made me wonder if the crossing had been rough. The rhythm was fititngly undulating and calm, apart from the last line, which felt.. well... firmer, lol. It was a contrast, which jolted me a little, but it was also onomatopoeic of its meaning, so maybe its meant to.

Really lovely piece, thank you for a great read!
Archia chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
This has such wonderful description. I like how you use the word 'undulate' and how it's so appropriate. The words you use fit together so well to make it beautiful.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I really like this poem and I think you created a really unique way of formatting it for Fictionpress, which can always be difficult. In that respect I also found the stanzas divided uniquely and I think that also worked really well. I love how "undulate" is set apart from the rest of the text. And I'm also a huge fan of dashes, so your second full stanza was definitely my favorite. The imagery was beautiful, love "wagons, like boats-/like sails-/weave about the stalks". You've got something really great here-a real gem of poetry!
LostInMe chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
This is really very beautiful. Stupendous job!
lymli chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
makes me think about precious jewels and it's magical.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
I liked this. Reading it was very soothing; it was very pretty. I sort of read this as a metaphor for life, how it has its ups and downs - some days it's stormier than others. Hopefully that wasn't too far off?

Keep it up!