Reviews for Lady Fair
TheLadyPendragon chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Ahaha, this was so amusing! I like how the wife outwitted him. I do love the wiles woman. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. This was wonderfully written. I haven't read such a great poem in a while. Usually I don't even like poetry much, but funny ones like this are the best! Kudos to you.
BlaznFangurl chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
All I have to say is ouch, but he got what he deserved...
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Herro. Me again if ya remember. :) Well, on this work, I do have a feel of karma here albeit in a man made way. Really reminds me of the Old Testament laws on adultery although the manner of punishment is different. Anyway, good piece of work here on the portrayal infidelity and how the karma aspect can bite you back. All in all a good piece of work here. And yeah, thanks very much on your review on The Eternal Grail. Hope to see more of your reviews for my other stories soon! Bye! :)
The Tragedian chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Again, another great couplet. It was delightful, yet serious. It reminds me of Robert Browning's Porphyria's Lover. Well done.

Fop Huntress from the Roadhouse!
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
This reminded me somehow of Robert Browning's Porphyria's Lover, even though yours is definitely different. You had the dramatic monologue down to a dime; the rhyming worked, but the only odd thing I found was that I kept imagining this to be set in the past and so words like tummy didn't ring well. Anyway, that's just me being weird.

~ Sakina x

(pay it forward from the Roadhouse!)
Chancee chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
I really like the rhyming time in this and it was all very easy to understand.

I like the pace and it is too bad she had to kill the guy. Love does hurt but it looks like she and the child will go on. I would like to see if you can write more on this.

You know show the mistress finding him dead and the search for the wife and child. This has a cliffhanger feeling to it, so maybe you can put more to it and make it into a couple of poems like a book or something. I don't know something.

Great job!

Momo author of My Queen - Pay it forward the Roadhouse
Said Author chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Pretty awesome! However, the rhythm got off when your lines got too short with words just for rhyme

So she devised a coy plan

to get back at her man

At here it became disconnected, especially after the long line just before.

Also, it'd be better if you organized these into stanzas or something.

Nice work! :}
M Wilridge chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
The three d's Dark disturbing and definitely drawing. Couldn't stop until it was of the rhymes w ere single syllable rhymes like baby and tea but other then that I liked it a lot.. It was like an episode of cheaters hosted by edgar allen poe...

M
Lyrredd chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
I like it very much. That you were able to rhyme without breaking the nice flow was excellent. Interesante, this poem. Bonne travaille! (good job)

-Candy
DStone39 chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
It's amazing how these poems turn into mini-stories. I could never do anything like that. You also have a knack for rhyming... something I lack when making poems.

Great poem... its poems like these that I actually want to read, to be honest.