Reviews for Innocent Blue Eyes
Kara Mia chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
"She loves him. She knew she would from the second she saw the pink little plus." My absolute favorite line. This story was so bittersweet and hopeful. She's a young, single mother, but I have a strong sense that she's anything but a statistic, your main character. Even though she's been through so much, she hasn't given up on either herself or her dreams, and I like her so much. "The same blue eyes that have somehow retained their innocence after all she has been through." I loved this line, too, because I feel like it sums up your character in a single sentence. She's quietly, steadfastly strong. Nothing is going to keep her down; break her, and even in her pain, she's seeing beauty, like her son. I felt that was really backed up by the way she mused over the baby's father, and wished him well. It really hurt my heart, reading that, but I came to admire her even more. I really loved this short story. I could picture the whole scene in my mind the entire time I was reading. The rocking the stroller like a lullaby, everything going around her on the bus and the way she was separate from it all, in her own little bubble with her baby. I feel sad for her that's she's so young and all alone, and yet at the same time, I get the strong sense that she'll be okay, and that leaves me feeling light. Basically, I really loved this entire thing, lol. Great writing. I loved your imagery and the emotion you weaved into every word. Your words glow with love.

-KM
Unknown Error 4.0 chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
At first I didn't understand the 'pink plus' part...now I get it.

I think this a good piece of writing because it speaks a lot about what the mother feels like having a child so young as opposed to how others see her.
Electricityscape chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
This made me go 'aw', seriously, it's so beautiful, you expressed it so well.

What a good job pal, what a good job.
musicstar1 chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
I love this story. So sweet!