Reviews for Dear Ian
WishBlade chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Probably one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever read-I had to get up halfway through and grab a box of tissues, seriously. Beautiful, beautiful writing!
e.j.green chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Hi there! I'm here to let you know that you were nominated for, and accepted into, A Drop of Romeo. Here's your review:

I read this one-shot, structured as a letter from a women to her former lover, and felt like an intruder into Jillian's heart. Despite this slight sense of violating someone's privacy, I would read it again, if not for the impeccable and intimately realistic writing, then for its gently heart-breaking and thought-provoking plot.

Jillian and her sister Angel share the usual sibling rivalry as well as an unbroken affection; their relationship is augmented by a third person, Ian. Inseparable at first, the trio's dynamics change as Jillian falls in love with Ian and they get together. However it's not until after their engagement that Jillian finds out why their relationship ever began - Ian has been in love with Angel the whole time.

Their relationship is slowly unravelled and inspected in light of this new knowledge. The author weaves in the bonds of sisterhood and the importance of true love to captures Jillian's hurt but determined state of mind perfectly. She is writing to let Ian know that she understands the situation fully now, and has come to terms with the fate of their relationship.

The letter is beautifully written, with a notable lack of spelling, grammar and other errors. The depth of emotion explored in this one-shot was enough to leave me pondering, and hopefully it will inspire some thinking for you as well.

Congratulations! I really enjoyed your story.

Belinda.
Juliet chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
That was truly touching.

Beautiful.
proulx chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Wow. This letter was definitely extremely moving and heartfelt. I applaud you on your grammar and spelling because both are practically flawless (which is quite difficult a find here on FP)! The songs you listed fit the mood perfectly...I only hope that you haven't written this story from experience :) I look forward to reading more from you!
ikababy chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Shucks :[ *tears* Jillian's relationship with her sister Angel is a lot like the one I have with my sister *sniff sniff* although she beats me out in every category-including studies. :/ This was really amazing, and it made me cry like a baby too. Thank you for sharing.(: Now I'm off to read all your other stories aha.
bubublacz chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Oh hell, a woman scorned and lost to her sister. I have always loved reading these sibling rivalries about love though I wasn't sure about a one-shot. But this is so very good! And I like your other creations!

It was good that Jillian finally accepted it but Ian is an ass. I can't imagine the pain that Jillian went through when she accepted this fact.
sappyromancelvr chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
wow. this is incredible. :)
oxBlueEyes15xo chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
I was sad for her, but proud of her at the same time. The guy deserved nothing more than a letter, and I was proud she was strong enough to walk away. I loved this, it was empowering, and inspirational.. Your a wonderful writer.

BlueEyesxx
ithinkyourgay chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
WO!

go jillian. way to tell ian off

and to let him know about her feelings.

i admire Angel though.
castiel89 chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I thought I'd take a look at your other works after reading "Wife", and I just wanna say, damn you. You have a knack of bringing me to tears. I envy that! Another great job!

PS: I had my itunes on while I was reading and Rascal FLatt's song started playing... Kinda creepy you mentioned that at the end
breezy chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
That was saddening! I loved it though! I feel bad for Jillian and how she went through knowing the guy she loved only settled for her because he couldn't get her sister. I also feel Ian was a jerk to do that and then cheat on her! Please continue, because I want to see Ian's reaction/response.
DramaticStarlet chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Not going to lie...I really hope you write some sort of sequel or aftermath for this. Because I really want to see Ian's reaction to all of this.

It was very emotional, and that's what made it a good piece:)
anita darling chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This was really nice.

I found it slightly amusing that throughout reading it, I was thinking about how much it was like that Missy Higgins song. Then I got to the bottom and I was like haha. Awesome.

It was *really* cool though.
Airedhiel chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I really enjoyed reading this. This was a very saddening letter, and I think you should write something about Ian responding to this letter, because I just can't bear not knowing if it will all end well as Jillian described.
Skie Razor chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Er, well, I think its' a well written piece. _ You write pretty good. Anyway, you should write more like this. It's awesome.