Reviews for Lemons, on a windowsill overlooking St Petersburg
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Phenomenal.

You have a grasp of poetic, meaningful language that not many writers on fictionpress have.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I like the use of integrated color in this to enhance the overall portrait. The scene created for the reader is enhanced by the attention to detail. The use of tangible objects to portray more than just symbolic poignancy has a way of layering this in a subtle complexity that works well with the subject matter. Excellent work. MD:77.
Cloverless chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
There are a lot of poems that I start reading on Fictionpress and simply can't finish, because they're utter garbage. Gladly, this is not one of them. In fact, this is one of the few poems I've wanted to read through more than once.

Some of the stanzas seemed a little shaky, but it is leagues beyond what I usually come across here.

Great work.

P.S. - Title is very strong.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Your writing is always so mature and sounds so experienced. It's quite lovely. I can definitely sense a lot of inspiration from Plath here, in all your writing, really. It's very nice. Ah. Fabulous. Keep writing! :)
byeeeeeeee chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
beautiful writing; always amazes
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
wow amazing poem!

fantastic imagery throughout. i loved the last line. and i LOVED the title. awesome:)
diffident chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
The language in this is brilliant. The poem itself is very abstract, but that definitely made me feel the poem more than understand it concretely.

And I love the lines "this is before the / war, before czarism, / before god." Just brilliant.

marie
Isca chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Holy God. This poem is phenomenal. I literally couldn't stop reading it. I was completely enthralled and blown-away. Wow...

-Isca