Reviews for Diary of a Soldier
DreamCatcher43 chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Wow. Just awesome. Great job here
ConfuzzledAtLife chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
That was really sad. We're learning about the war in history and how German Australians were mobbed against and stuff, and they couldn't join the army because of their race, even though they didn't believe in Hitler's views.

This reminded me of the Christmas Truce. They printed an article on it in one of the papers in Tasmania when I was down there a couple of Christmases ago (sorry - just had a terrible mind blank and am not sure if that's how you spell Christmas). Because the German soldiers suggested stopping the fight and everything, and that's what your character wanted to do. It made me smile in a way, because it's happiness in the midst of misery, like the other fic I read.

The sad thing about those German Australians I wrote about before is that a lot of racism is still going on here against Middle Eastern people. There's a TV show that go around and do social stunts, and one of them was to get an American tourist to film the Harbour Bridge. He wasn't stopped by security at all, but when the Italian guy of them dressed up as a "cheap Arab cliche with a ludicrously fake beard" he was stopped by security 3 minutes into doing the same thing. It's ridiculous. I hate racism so MUCH! Sorry. Rant over.

Thanks heaps for writing!
Myrix chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
i really really liked it! Good job! ;)
Carinthe chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
I think you did a great job portraying the German soldier and his misgivings about the war. It's so very true that great ideologies may start a war, but regular people have to fight it...
AnimeArrow chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
Hey, good job on that one. I love the last line of this story. You could expand on this, and make a story with more of a plot. Or you could leave it. It's fine either way. And I'm sure He did forgive the soldier. :)
Martyr in Training chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
very interesting concept. i like the idea of a german not agreeing with war and the side he is fighting...it seems all too true. right on!
CoManji chapter 1 . 6/10/2003
This is very good and I really liked it. I feel for this soldier-who-doesn't-have-a-name and what he is going through. I wonder if he lived to see the end of the war?
MelodyReiterLee chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Good job. Very interesitng.
Doc2 chapter 1 . 2/16/2002
Very nice. I liked it how you descirbed this mans ordeal by means of a diary, and I totally agree with you that all the men fighing in the Axis army. Most of them were Nazis, but there were simple Germans among the bunch too. It's sad, really.
Celtica chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
This is a very moving piece! Very well thought out, I thouroughly enoyed reading this. Keep Writing! -Celtica
Nakato Rune chapter 1 . 6/23/2001
Interesting perspective. It raises some interesting questions. Nice job.
Angel of Tears chapter 1 . 5/4/2001
I like it! well I like stuff about WWII.. I imagine that is how it would be... I wouldn't know really though.. I'm just a teenage girl. IT's really good.. I look at some other stuff you've written.