Reviews for Europa Theatre
Charming Dice chapter 3 . 7/21/2010
More fun action. You've got military fiction perfected, it seems. I shouldn't be surprised. And, like I thought, Tessa is just plain weird. I like that, though. And there was a little humor. Not the crazy kind you used to have, though. More mature humor, I guess you could call it. Good, though.

I don't know what else to say, except that it's another good chapter.
Charming Dice chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
Another good chapter. Great job explaining the war history of the region. And I'm liking your characters. Chris is more interesting than I originally thought. Tessa is weird, which I was expecting because any character you name Tessa is crazy in some way.

Overall, I liked this.
Charming Dice chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Exciting opening. Your style has changed, for the better I think. It's less cluttered with unnecessary words than I remember it being.

This is a really fun story so far. You must have done a lot of research, getting the weapon types down and such.

One note, though: just so you know, you can put character thoughts in italics instead of quotation marks, since quotation marks are usually reserved for spoken dialogue. This would make it easier to tell the difference between then Chris was thinking and talking, since I sometimes thought he was talking only to find out he wasn't. It was a little jarring, but nothing major.

Not sure if it's a writing rule or just the way I've learned & seen it all my life, so just take that as a suggestion. This was still a great opening chapter. I'll read the next chapter soon, when I have free time. I have some off days coming up from work soon, so I should have more time.

Till then, good luck with your writing. I'll catch you around.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Awesome! That was one slick entrance.

Though, it's kind of dumb for Chris to butt in, guns blazing and fighting for Wisternberg. Well, it's a great story, though, and he's different from most characters who go into panic mode and just run around screaming for answers nobody can give. Still, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Till then!
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 10 . 3/16/2010
Well, I know what you're saying here on your works being darker in nature now, but at the very least I would have expected some kind of humor in this chapter since this area has been an integral part of this work. Anyway, I like the way on how you play out the strategy and terrain warfare. And on Chris himself, I'm actually thinking if you will start on exploring and developing his character soon since there's this brief implying that you will do just that within the near run. As for the Royalists' side of the plot so as to say, it seems that you're going along the line of propaganda here. If so, then what I will advise you to do on a vital basis is to create a legit reason on why the said propaganda is in place right from the start. Also try to input fallacies within the Wisternburg side of the story. I'm not saying things along the lines of humane weakness, but more of areas going along the line of humane evil. Of course I'm not saying you should make the Wisternburg faction to be the antagonists, but rather portray certain realities that will justify the Royalists' animosity towards them. Apart from that, nothing to say here apart from the fact that Helena will most likely create a cracker here while being a new part of the vital cast.

P.S: Hope to see your reviews on The Eternal Grail soon. :)
Kilopi505 chapter 9 . 10/18/2009
I like the idea of the story, and the...action scenes are good, but...why so few people? You keep mentioning divisions, and then the fact that said division are composed of squad sized units.

Huh?

Anyway, when's the next update?
Melissa Norvell chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
Man, it's been a while since I've read this and I really need to do some catching up! Chris is a hilarious man, especially when he told the developer of the Cinder Bomb that his tank was retarded. I was laughing at that for a while, even funnier was that he got stuck in the girl's barracks. So far, this story is turning out great! Fabulous job and I'll definitely read more, I just have to find the time. My reviews will be slow but hopefully worth the wait!
SamuelH73 chapter 9 . 7/6/2009
Once again, very good! I particularly like your writing style; it is rather eclectic and quirky, and somehow it fits. I didn't really find anything "wrong" with it; keep it up! :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 9 . 7/1/2009
Well, glad to review this one again. :) Anyway, interesting chapter as in you really did well in fusing human nature into the war. Wonder what will happen to Jeanette in the future chapters and what will happen to Chris as well. tbh I've got this weird feeling that he will be captured and starting to un-brainwash certain people in the Royalist army as a result. That's my gut feeling though. As for the issue of propaganda here, well that really reminds me of the same shit Hitler did before. Which is one of the many evidence pointing to human stupidity. As I've always felt, three quarter of the world's population are idiots. :S And the ending of this chapter seems to point at the emergence of a new vital character. Wonder how she will play into the plot. ;) And is it me or is it true that you really include a vast majority of female characters in your stories? Anyway glad to see you updated on this story and thanks very much on your review on Atheran. Got a new story up now entitled The Eternal Grail. Hope to see your review for it soon! Bye! :)
SamuelH73 chapter 8 . 5/24/2009
*LMAO* Very cute, very funny as always. Once again you use amusing lingo to good effect, and the humor comes right through. A fine job, Outlaw!
anti-climax chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Operation Market Garden huh? Montgomery's failed brainchild heh, but I liked the movie 'A Bridge Too Far' so oh well.

Chris seems a tad too heavily armed for a paratrooper, no? I always thought they were supposed to be lightly armed to move with speed.

Moving on. I like your attention to detail; you seem to know your weapons and your war scenes were sufficiently graphic for me :D On a side note, he's got a hole in his bicep and he still can move around freely and kick ass? Wow! Is he Rambo's godson or something?

Royalists reminds me of the English Civil War or what was it again, but anyway it was an entertaining action-packed first chapter.

P.S. I'm not sure about reviewing, but I do recall reading several of your stories before. I recall Tessa Schneider and this other Japanese vamp-chick with an...obuto? Some extra long katana-esque sword weapon heh, can't remember the name
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 8 . 5/11/2009
Well, guess this one's a filler meant as an interlude. Anyway this chapter is a major lol on the whole. I really like the fireworks scenes. For some weird reason it reminds me of a Tom and Jerry cartoon I've watched when I was a kid. But the starting part could play a part in the future plot though since for sure that big ass tank Russell invented will play a big part in the balance of the war, successfully modified or not. :) Apart from that nothing to comment. And yeah, I maybe starting on a new chapter of Atheran soon although nothing's been confirmed apart from my own plans for the next chapter. :) Also you will want to know that my current plans for Tessa's introduction in Atheran has been brought forward for now. And yep, she's gonna be a vital fixture. ;)
SamuelH73 chapter 7 . 5/4/2009
Wow...That's all I can really say. Wow. *Laughs* Where to begin? First of all, it is apparent English is not your primary language, but you did quite well despite the inconsistencies of English. :) I also love the idiomatic writing! *Laughs* I also love the banter between the characters in the story. I noticed a lot of women in the story, but that is just fine. :) The homosexual scene was...um...interesting, but not completely rancid or corny. *Laughs* I would definitely like to know more about the world you have created; you have the war aspect down pat (you obviously know weaponry), but the social aspects would be interesting to know as well. I am also curious to know why you added (what appears to be) poetry at the beginning and sometimes at the end. Otherwise a good read, and I will be looking forward to reading more updates on this story!

Sam
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 7 . 5/4/2009
Okay, now that I've reached this point of the plot, I'm wondering how you're planning Chris' character at least in the aspect of leadership. For one his rank, he sure have an imba standard for it. Anyway, as a character purist, I will want to see certain significance in your characters' dvelopment within the near run if possible. That plus the whole issue of war being seen from an objective view, not just from either side. And I guess you're slowly gearing back up to your over the top humor again. from what I've seen here. ;)

And the tank was a real beast. Wonder how it would measure up against the German tanks during the ending phases of WW2 since I heard that the Germans actually created certain imba tank types towards the end of that conflict and if not for the late timing, the whole war could swing either way. :S

Also on the issue of including Tessa in Atheran, I might do that earlier than intially planned. Also this story gave me a certain idea on her weapon of choice. Should be a no-brainer here. ;) Anyway, here's hoping for more updates in this story. Until then, bye! :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 6 . 4/30/2009
I said in my reply that I'll be back here soon and here I am. :) Anyway interesting insight on Gardenia's character exploration here. I truly think it's the best part of this chapter not to mention it did a hundred eighty turn in my opinions on her.

And the artillery training part here was a welcome distraction from the incoming conflict. The humor was rather watered down by your standards, but still good all the while. But maybe you can go for more exaggerations there. Like instead of just saying the anti tank ammo hit the duck, show it in a visual sense. Even something as simple as a charred duck faling onto the ground can truly crack the reader up. And maybe you can do the Jensen rifle aspect later since in the ending sense, you can actually did the tree falling as a starter that leads to some random bear or whatever big ass animal going after the whole lot in a pissed off mode. ust a detailed example here btw. :)

As for the ending of this chapter, well glad that things got ironed out between Tessa and Gardenia although the scenarion was a bit wtf as I think you could have done it in a different way if you want to. In short, what actually cemented the peacemaking was totally unexpected by me. Anyway, glad to see this updated so fast. btw you got enlistment letter already?