Reviews for The gift of sight
scarlet stars chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
POWERFUL. Great topic. I think that your word choice could be better though. The imagery is good because it is blunt and so is the nature of the poem. I would reword your title though, because I think it affects your piece with the reader knowing the ending before we even get there. Leave a mark on us!
helloeverybodyhi chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
I love the sincerity of this poem.

And it's true, people only see what they want to see. Nice work!
TheBeautyOfTheGrave chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I do reallike this poem. It shows greatly the ghastly world we live in where simply no-one gives a damn. You tell the story of our lives in such a descriptive way with the 'cardboard cell' etc and I love the sarcasm at the end. Very nice poem and lovely idea. Well, not lovely... but you know what I mean :P

Much Love

~Holli xx
Annie Jadin chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Nice poem. I like the portrayal of the ugliness of the world, and the astute observation that most of us don't notice it even though it surrounds us every day.

A couple of suggestions: I think some of your commas are extraneous and you could consider getting rid of a few of them to help the flow of the poem. Also, it's organized into beautiful rhyming stanzas that I think would show better if there was a space between each one.
Embellished Heart chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Loved it! Showed the cruelty of the world in such a simple way...and most of us dont mean to do it.