Reviews for Scarred for Life
Darkndangel9 chapter 16 . 3/12/2011
You know I was supposed to be in bed hours ago, but I kept saying to myself "Just one more chapter" of course that didn't work out too well. I was about to go to sleep when you dropped that bomb on me! So I had to make sure these two were ok and Tyler got the beating he deserved (still waiting for that beating). Your stories really get to me and I really fall for the characters. I loved Dane from the beginning and I can't believe how sweet Nicole is! Especially with how she was introduced! But I hated Tyler since he was introduced. the asshole. Ugh I can't believe he caused so much pain because he couldn't get a clue! You had me hating Nicole's parents for a while since they just wouldn't *listen*. Tearing so much into Nicole for not doing other people's work! and then not believing her word at all! UGH! I just felt so bad for her! And then of course Danny left and almost ruined the one thing that was good in her life! Yes so this story was so amazing that I had to finish it in one night and take away from my precious sleep. (Like Danny I need my twenty hours) Until next time!
Shadow of Isis chapter 4 . 2/8/2011
Whoops, Nicole hit a sore spot, but kudos to her for turning the conversation around. There seems to be a lot of ugliness towards Dane from her family, but if Tyler is anything like the norm, its to be expected. I'd say Dane less lost her temper and more freaked out, classic conditioning. I think I'm beginning to understand the situation...she can't play anymore (or not to the same extent) because she was hurt. Its like a star athlete who can still technically play football, but not on a college or professional level anymore. That can kill part of the soul but quick, and it makes my heart ache for the poor girl. (Hey, you must be doing a good job if I actually care. Good sign!)

As for Nicole, her description of Tyler and her pattern of bending over backwards just confirms everything so far. I wonder if the trait goes back to her childhood, if she was programmed to be submissive. (Like Dane pointed out, interesting contrast her being an aggressive lawyer but too nice personally.) So Nicole is a chemistry geek! Well, another term of endearment to bond the girls. Its easy to get lost in your chapters, I just zone out, and when I come to, I feel like I've been swimming and just surfaced. Another good sign.
Shadow of Isis chapter 3 . 2/7/2011
LOL! Oh, she nailed him good. Its not as good as a bus, but at least its a start. (I know the weasel will be back, he's like the plague, the gift that keeps on giving.) I think Dane is already doing good things for Nicole, besides giving her a peek at what "give and take" actually look like. Its very soothing to watch their interaction, they have fantastic friendship chemistry that could lead to more in time. I love how its not exactly linear progress. They'll get close, then Nicole will think: "Oh, God, I hope she's not out to screw me over." She's not completely sold yet, which is good. You are doing your job well, don't worry.

There's definitely a story behind the music case, just like there's a story with the scars. Maybe they're related, maybe not. I don't expect you to tell me, don't worry. I guess since I'll do it a lot, I probably should mention when I make speculations, I'm not trying to trick information out of you, I'm just letting you know what my impressions are as of the point I'm reading. The little "preview" made me go 'oh, boy' but I'm not worried. I don't think Dane's actually going anywhere anytime soon, although it'll be interesting to see what triggers her temper. She seems pretty laid back.

Until next time!
Shadow of Isis chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
Normally, I'd say its totally unrealistic that Nicole would let a total stranger stay with her. I don't feel that way in this case for a few reasons: 1, scum of the earth or not, Dane is Tyler's cousin, and he would hardly let her knew him if she was truly dangerous. (At least that'd be my thinking if I were Nicole.) 2, she has expressed some mental doubts, she's not being all Snow White about it. Its just her inner need to give has over come her natural caution. 3, the offer was supposed to be very temporary (why do I have a feeling it will be more permanent than not) and only for a short window of time. I'm rolling with it, and I don't even have to suspend disbelief by all that much.

I love Dane! She's obviously tough, but its not like you're trying to hit us over the head with it. She's a lot of fun to read, and I already enjoy the interaction between her and Nicole. Actually, my name is Danielle and everyone calls me Dani, so this is really fun for me to read. It never ocured to me to go by Dane, but it is a fun tidbit I'll have to share with my sister. What's in a name? Apparently, a lot with these two! Also, I appreciate that you're not going with "love at first sight." In some stories, F/F or M/F, I've seen a lot of instant lust/love, and I'm more a fun of the slow-build up. So far, I think I'll get that with you. (If you rush the pace, I won't stop reading, although I may grumble just a little.) Any chance of Tyler getting hit by a bus? Oh, please, oh, please!
Shadow of Isis chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
So far, I'm loving this story. Sometimes, it takes a while for me to warm up. Let me just say...I want to shoot Tyler. Yep, a fictional character, you made him real for me. Nicole seems like such a bright woman, but sometimes the smartest women can be idiots when it comes to their love/sex life. When she found her backbone, boy, she found it! One good thing Tyler did right was bringing Dane and Nicole together, since I have a feeling they're "endgame." To that end, I like your potrayl of Dane's existence. It seems the most realistic of what it may be like to be homeless. The opening scene was great, you really drew me into the neighborhood setting, and really gave me a feeling of Dane's character.
Lilith of Seredas chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
You should seriously consider getting this published. It's AMAZING this story!

We need more stories and books like this on the shelves to get lesbian fiction out into the open, as it seems quite tightly leashed currently. I know I will buy this if I ever see it in a shop. :P

As for my critic of the story, you should work a bit more when describing people. You pay attention to the hair and eyes, but things like race and skin tone can't be ignored. It was confusing when Nick saw Dane's parents for the first time, as you don't really describe Dane as being out of the Caucasian norm. It kinda forces the reader to change their mental image of Dane, which would have been pretty well established already that far into the story.

It's not a major issue, but if I had to name a criticism, then that would be it.

I'm glad I managed to find this story, it was really worth reading. The criticism isn't anything greatly important, just something that could be worked on.

Thank you for writing, I'll enjoy reading more of your work. :)
Cameron Foss chapter 16 . 12/25/2010
I loved this story with a passion and can't wait to get to the sequel.
Lizzz1992 chapter 16 . 11/11/2010
I loved this whole story and it was really well written.

The characters were very origonal and who couldn't love Danny and Nick? lol
1Nowhat chapter 16 . 11/8/2010
I almost didn't review. But, ne, hopefully the sequel is okay, or maybe more teasing in chapters. Quite elusive. But good last chapter. :D
1Nowhat chapter 14 . 11/8/2010
I would finish this story within a day, but I'm afraid breaks are needed, and education is a nessessity. :\
1Nowhat chapter 13 . 11/8/2010
Damn, SL, why next time? Dane's goin' to break a promise? What is it?

Doing drugs?

Not cherishing her enough?

Those other vows?

Fuck. You know when to stress. :)
1Nowhat chapter 9 . 11/8/2010
Oh, -chuckle- I'm so happy for them. Gomen, my chuckle feels strangled. 'Cause I'm crying for God's sake! TT Damn, you sure know how to handle it to them. :) By 'them', I mean us readers. :)
1Nowhat chapter 7 . 11/8/2010
Suspicious! Awll, what the fuck is Dane doin' now? * T*, *-*! Ah! Darn it, this "new" Dane better be...'better' than the "old one". *!
1Nowhat chapter 6 . 11/8/2010
ohh, well...I just hope it doesn't come to that, a Mina thought: There just has to be something there, or she concluded. :) Now...there is something there, the attraction takes time. Especially when you hit that stage where you too over-aware of the body pressed against you, or in your view.

Believe me, it happens. ;)
1Nowhat chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Now that is something dramatic. Not overly so, no melodrama, but a good amount. Now...when is the romance... or love? :) The next chappie betta be good.
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »