Reviews for Breathe
WishfulThinker96 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
shit, that was awesome!
Jo Suzuki chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Everybody has some baggage in their lives... Speaking from personal experience, grief is very personal; everybody has their own way of dealing with it... I really liked this story!

Though it's great as a one-shot, I think it has the potential to be made into a brilliant novel! Do think about it! :)
TripleMelody chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Wow! This is really brilliant story. I'm in awe of how you've created such strikingly real and original characters, and I love the way you revealed Melissa's story through memories and reflections, as well as the way you led up to the ending.

The ending scene was particularly beautiful and heart-wrenching, and the last paragraph was so powerful.

You are an amazing writer!

Melody :)
Zyrais chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Wow...I thought this story was really beautiful. I loved the ending line and also use of the parallism "breathe".

However, if I might make a suggestion..perhaps you can try and bring out more pain in the character when talking about her past. I think that if you do that, then Melissa will seem more real to us as the readers, especially to those who have had similar experiences. Because, when you tell of her parents death, I think that is the time that we feel the most connected to the character.

Just a suggestion, but I really enjoyed reading this.

Keep up the good work! )
Lynn-Night chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Hm I really liked that. Good job!
KylieMye chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I love all your comments in the story about how all the popular people throught they had it easy and then things turned out bad for them. sometimes, that's so true. great oneshot!
kynthiaphellan chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This is just one of those stories that you take the time to write so that will mean something.