Reviews for Sync
Laura Schiller chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
The USB image is really fitting and original; it suggests connection and communication at once. I like the second-to-last stanza best, with all the details about the imagined relationship, and also the sunset ("my heart hurts happy" - good line).
Jubileyn chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I really like this! I love the whole USB port metaphor and the title is AWESOME. The words seem like lyrics to a song, the way they flow into each other, realistically and powerfully. Nice work. :D
its.Nothing.Special chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Okay, I could not stop swallowing. I swallow when I'm touched, see. This was so, so - for pete's sake. It makes me wonder why you bother reading my immature drabble, ya little weirdo!

[I wish we had USB ports in our heads,] that was such an awesome first line, you have no idea. Well, I'm sure you do but . . . yes. Such a fresh metaphor. That whole stanza - this whole THING is - you are so talented.

[We’d be tied at the starting line for/First place at the finish.] that was a sweet one, too.

but this - THIS had me reeling! [Well/I’d learn the trick to make it a/Two-way highway that could only be crossed/If we held hands.] I mean, for cryin out loud - that was amazing!

[My heart hurts happy.] beautifulbeautiful alliteration, beautiful words. I had NO idea you were a poet.

and again with the plugging in thing. Oh man, I'm STILL swallowing. this was the most gorgeous thing I've read in a while and I'm soo not just saying that. Thanks for making me remember what real writing's about and good night.

;)becky
ForeverBehindTheImpression chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I really loved this piece, you moved from idea to idea fast, but it all chuncked together very nicely.

"You smell like honesty, coffee, and cold air." That gave the most perfect of imagery, like actually, give yourself a pat on the back.

I love your summary, that was really really cool, and the thing about the USB thingals was very creative.

Here are some of my favourite lines...

"My fingertips could taste your smile,"

"Drawing out your secrets means

Sifting through my own."

That one-way street that only goes left when

You’d rather turn right? Well

I’d learn the trick to make it a

Two-way highway that could only be crossed"

And there were so many other things that were amazing in it!