Reviews for iPreach
Emily Mentioned chapter 29 . 6/29/2009
Almost? Which ones did I miss?

So you're not doing sermons anymore?

*betareaderkick* *waves hand in air* Me!

Although I probably wont have cpu access for most of the writing process. Thats okay though!
MZ. Writer chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
lol. I'm a Christian and i found that really entertaining. It really made me think. . .
Emily Mentioned chapter 28 . 6/20/2009
this was way too fun to read Now I HAVE to watch the movie when it comes out. I'll buy you all popcorn.
Emily Mentioned chapter 27 . 6/19/2009
Alright, have you ever read the story of Saint Cecilia?

Some of the time, I couldn't tell what was Furtickbible, and what was you. A couple of quotes went un-versed. But I like the "you have a corpse on your hands" line. Thats pretty awesome.
bunny.one.three chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
LOL! This definitely made me laugh. Heck, I loled at the first sentence. I love how you've written this, it's funny, and spiritual. It makes the reader think about the Lord. In a funny way. Fantastic job. *munches on cookie*
Emily Mentioned chapter 26 . 6/18/2009
"I [Jesus] being of saintly mind and godly judgement..." Yep, bet the moneychangers LOVED that. No wonder they all rolled dice for dibs on his stuff.
Chasing Skylines chapter 25 . 6/15/2009
I like the easily readable style of this; it gets the message across clearer, in a casual way, and prevents it from being overly preachy. The scattered humor throughout provides entertainment as well.

I also like the topic because of how inspirational it is, and I'm sure you'd be a great motivational speaker or something of the sort, haha. I liked the citations to the Bible as well; a technical aspect, perhaps, making it both formal and casual or something? Unique either way.
CJ1985 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Wow. Great story. I like the comedic way in which you are re-telling the Bible. Way cool.
Honestcat chapter 25 . 6/15/2009
I'm not going to lie: I was kind of excited when I saw you up in the RG, so I decided to come back and do another chapter of this. However, this chapter was a bit of a disappointment. It brought up good points, no doubt, but there were some things that could have used improvement.

What I disliked the most was this chapter's complete lack of focus. You covered far too many topics: conformity, materialism, doubt, self-awareness, prayer, knowledge, attitude, etc. Rather than feeling like a review or an essay, it felt like a ramble about things you should do without any focus. I think if you broke up each piece and made them separate, you could have something really great here.

This is because I particularly liked your use of irony in the beginning. It was clever and gave a nice string of satire that this rather earnest and up forward piece needed. Telling someone to do something they shouldn't picks at the flaw, makes them realize it within themselves. It makes them desire to change it. So it was a good choice of words in that case. Also, while I don't think you should post about your insecurities (they can make a reader uncomfortable), I think the raw emotion from those parts of the chapter could be felt. If you harness those feelings of insecurity, you could create something incredibly beautiful.

All in all, I really do like your writing. It is strong and you certainly stand by convictions. I hope to read more in the near future!

Honest
Emily Mentioned chapter 25 . 6/15/2009
Do you forget the "conforming" idea halfway through? Then you stick in this line: "We don't need sex, drugs or money to make us happy" It looks like its about like four different things.

You put yourself down in every chapter! You're doing fine, don't worry. And even if you weren't, its the Internet. So chill.

*is still so freaking mad at Sam for making me a Facebook screen name*
Luuk chapter 2 . 6/13/2009
Wow. Not sure if this counts as a story review, considering most of this was a poem; but WOW. That message was strong. The poem spoke a lot about how people feel. And that Satan sure wants us to feel like crap and that God isn't helping us.

And I love your tidbit at the end. Amen to that! His will WILL be done! Ha, and I like Beyonce's new song too! Hehe.

I'm also glad to hear you are still going strong; and whatever test you went through, I am glad you never gave up. The message has even more meaning now. Your writing is always an inspiration.
Emily Mentioned chapter 24 . 6/12/2009
Sure don't beat them over the head. Sure. Just... you know, subconcious messages, music with Christian themes, Jesus T-shirts. I bet they won't even notice!

(Yesterday a friend of mine found some good Christian screamo music. At Hot Topic. We freaked out.)

"yes, there will be hot guys. I promise. C'mon." XD
Emily Mentioned chapter 23 . 6/9/2009
"No one’s ever slammed me with pebbles until I died." -took three re-reads. No one ever slammed you with pebbles until you were already dead, but then who cares who slammed you with pebles...

You cover a broad range of topics here, but it flows.
lifeisawesome chapter 6 . 6/9/2009
That worm thing? Yeah. It grossed me out. But it always feels good to talk!
fgds dfgsfd gds chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Lol, this is funny but cool.
64 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »