Reviews for The Pirate's Legacy: New Identities
Anon chapter 44 . 12/15/2014
A wonderful sequel. Personally, I was hoping Cicero wouldn't die, to me, he was always the one who tried to help Emelia, following the Goddess's direction. I cried when he died actually. I was also hoping Annalyn wouldn't be executed either, it would have been nice for her to see the love between Roger and Emelia, considering Roger's also half-Dracon, and Emelia loves him just fine.
(Off to read the 3rd installment, I've been reading til 5 in the morning, because I'm THAT eager for the rest of the story. )
Mak chapter 26 . 9/12/2014
"The grass covering the ground they stood on was green. The cascading water was a sparkling blue." - I feel like these sentences should be combined together.

I imagine Diamante would be rather interested in the pictures on the wall. That seems like something that would definitely catch his attention.

Dracon sounds like a LOVELY place to live... I can't imagine why no one would want to stay there.

I'd like to see the creation of a snow dragon.

I doubt Dragus will want to give Em much of anything other than perhaps death.

As usual, Roger saves the day and is a jerk about it.
Mak chapter 25 . 8/25/2014
Poor Diamante. I hate cold weather too.

Binoculars! See, Diamante's not worthless.

Good thing Em is here to save the day!

Roger, ever the practical one... saving arrows.

And now Roger and Em are being obvious... seriously, they're frustrating.

The Serpentine Pass sounds like somewhere I'd want to inhabit... or not.

Diamante... always keeping them in danger so he can observe.

I'm glad Leo's around to entertain Roger.

And now we see Em's compassionate for the Draconians. And I mean, we can't hate them because we all like Roger. We can hate the ones who choose to be jerks but at least the females and babies we can like.

"She had looked so tender toward her child." - so tenderly

I love Leo's reaction to Em bringing the baby back.

"He and Roger struggled to keep Em still, but her unconscious was determined to get away from the medicine." - I am not fond of the use of unconscious here. But I've debated on it for a while and just want to point out that it stopped the flow of the story for me and then you can do what you want with that... lol

I disagree... I think there's always room for compassion even if you think your enemies are monsters. But, I guess I could see Roger disagreeing with that.

Funny that he's concerned with the fate of the half-breeds. What about the quarter-breeds? :)

Haha. Em's statement and Roger's reaction and accusation of Leo made me laugh out loud.

Rut Roh... Diamante's looking too closely at his travelling companions.

I doubt Em will manage to stay away from Roger. I know them both too well to trust that. :)
Mak chapter 24 . 8/25/2014
Diamante is so funny with his concern for the sun. But I guess that fits his character well.

I'm glad to hear that Leo has no love for Annalyn.

Funny that Roger is the only one who knows what she's thinking about with Selene. But then, he does know her best.

"Rarey did Em's group see young women outside without a male kinsman close at hand..." - Rarely

The sound of the towns is rather depressing and all the more reason for Em to want to take her throne and keep it.

That was nice of them to get Diamante his own horse. I imagine it'd be even more uncomfortable to share a horse with someone.

Em should probably have better control of her emotions if she's supposed to be ruling a country. :)

Roger, ever the practical one... we'd hate for her royal arse to get caught.

"He caught one her arms while the other two soldier dropped her son's lifeless body on the ground between them." - one of her arms

Well at least Em made a dramatic entrance. I could almost see that in a movie scene. :)

I think they should have killed the Draconians instead of letting them leave.

Leo is so silly sometimes.

Haha. I'm loving this little conversation about what they should do, particularly Em's line and then the High Priestess's response.

For all they know, there could be a Draconian hiding in a bush somewhere who would see the princess talking and bring back word of her being in Tarym.

I can't imagine that after seeing the destruction in her kingdom that she doesn't want to be the queen... at least to fix the problems.

That is true, I'd be mad she didn't come back sooner if I were one of them. I wouldn't necessarily try to claim that William's son is dead because of her - more likely his wife ISN'T dead because of her.

I think I agree with Roger. It really is the gods' fault... Now Em being around would have likely helped things.

I'm not so sure I agree with Em caring about all of them. Perhaps she cares about her people in general, but I think I'd be very cynical listening to her speech.

Well you're doing a good job of proving that Leo shouldn't be a replacement for Em.

I'd imagine the Priestess would know who he was. I mean, she knew who everyone else was without introductions and it would stand to reason that she'd know the real identity of them all being that she talks to a Goddess.

Poor Leo, all he gets is a prayer... though that might actually be the best gift. You never know about these things.

Aw... a moment between Roger and Em.
Taraxoxo chapter 45 . 6/23/2014
This was such a great story
Mak chapter 26 . 3/31/2014
Glad that Leo and Roger have a good sort of fighting camaraderie... or maybe that's just hatred. :)

I think it's funny that they keep likely offending the priestess.

"but her next words were directly only at Roger."- directed only at

Bah... I liked Em the pirate better. :) I think it's just cause this speech is sappy but necessarily so.

It's funny but I forgot how much Leo hates commoners.

Glad Em and Roger had a moment and glad that Em's becoming more queen-like.
Mak chapter 25 . 3/31/2014
Good thing Roger was looking out for Leo's health.

Weird that Dragus affects the moon and the sun.

See, Roger's right... Em will want to help them.

"A day away from Serpentine Pass, they encountered a raid in progress in village on the main road." - in a village

Haha... angry Em.

Funny that the Draconians are scared of the Hawks but I guess they're used to easy prey.

"At least a handful of men and woman had some sort of serious injury." - men and women

I wonder what makes this village so important to Helena...
Mak chapter 24 . 3/25/2014
It's too bad Demitri isn't going on the trip with them. That could lead to some fun drama.

But I suppose Leo and Roger will do... :)

"Leonce Odina, as the next queen of Tarym, I demanded you tell me..." - demand

Well I can't say I'm shocked Annalyn converted to worshiping Dragus.

"In need of something sharp to cut the plant, he drew out his new sword awkwardly from its sheath, nearly tripped backwards in the process." - and nearly

"The effects in question were underneath the dead horse, but the strap of teh satchel holding them peaked out." - peeked

An exciting scene where Roger saves the day again... :) heh
Mak chapter 23 . 3/15/2014
Well I'm glad Leo finally got it together and someone recognized her. :)

A new love interest in Demitri? Maybe he came make Roger jealous enough to stop being so silly.

I think Leo's brother's names are very... interesting. Two and three is what I see when I look at their names

Hah! Take that Leo... you can't touch her! Though I'd find it funny to watch Roger attempt to strangle him (since he's weapon-less).

Hah! I love Demitri... I wish you could keep him around because he makes Roger react.

Oh Roger, you need to stop being so bitter. It doesn't look good on you.

Yep, I definitely want Demitri around more. :)

Demitri is too smart, figuring out Roger like that.

"The only loyalty he has it to the sea and its goddess. Being a pirate..." - is to the sea

See, too smart, figuring out the love bit too.

Roger is so confusing. But I suppose I can understand why.
Mak chapter 22 . 2/20/2014
I'm sad Michael won't be with them, but I understand why he can't be.

And he wants to be there to protect her... but I bet he'll never admit that right now.

"The Cola trees were unique than those of other forests..." - more unique or just different... saying unique sounds strange in that sentence

Ha! Roger had to "save" Em... though really catching her to keep her from falling is not exactly what I had in mind.

"As the posion from its claws seeped into the body through the bloodstream, the victim's body violently..." - body violently shook and salivary froth excreted from the mouth - change in tense sounds strange here. Or probably better would be - the victim's body would violently shake and salivary froth excrete from the mouth.

"The hairs on the back of Em's neck rose in sheer terror by the loud bull cry..." - I'd say from the loud bull cry or because of but that's just me... what you've got is fine

"After hours of hiking up bumpy hills and going down rocky cliffs... " - may want to look into making this sentence two or work on the wording. It's a lot of words in a single sentence. I'd almost stop after large river and then put the rest in another sentence so it's not so bulky.

"Neither of them knew how much longer they had to travel..." - not really true, he told them they were a third of the way there. So they at least have an idea if nothing else.

So Roger was right and Hox is up to no good.

Well at least they tried to win.

They did find the rebels, too bad everyone thinks they're the bad guys. :)

I imagine punching Hox would really hurt.

Yay! It's Leo!
Mak chapter 21 . 2/7/2014
I figure Roger would be the one to shut Diamante up if anytone.

Roger's being a butt. :)

Interesting postal system.

Well I can see why a man who hangs out with birds all day would like birds more than people.

"The keeper turned around closed the door behind him." - and closed the door...

Ew I wouldn't want to get a tattoo just to prove my loyalty... I bet it'd hurt. But I guess if that's what it took to not have someone kill me or distrust me, I'd do it.

Well this was a fun setup chapter.
Mak chapter 20 . 1/12/2014
I'm glad Michael's smart enough to realize any sort of relationship must be hidden from the delegate.

A jealous twin is never good.

I'm not so sure if Diamante knows what he's getting himself in for if he thinks cracking the puzzle of Dread Robin is a good idea.

I wish she had better control too. I was hoping she could be a cold bitch to him really, but I guess we can't always get what we want. :)

He should just straight forwardly tell her now what he did. Since she didn't seem to want to put it all together.

I think Em knows that Diamante can't know, but then, she may also not care since she is still pretending that she thinks she's going to be with him in the end and not the queen.

Well at least she's telling him now that she loves him, even if he doesn't want to hear it.

I understand that feeling (the pain in her chest). It's finally come once this whole hot and cold thing has started with Roger.

I think he'd deny it for her benefit more than because he regrets it... but I guess he'd never let her know that.
Mak chapter 19 . 1/12/2014
Poor Diamante. He's got a rough time ahead of him.

Michael and all his scheming to keep making Em and Roger interact. :)

I really enjoyed Em and Michael's conversation and their ignoring the delegate. :) That was fun dialogue.

Mmm... rotting flesh

I enjoy having Diamante there to educate us on the blindness of the monster.

Well I guess if Em were paying close attention, she'd now know that Roger and Calypso got it on... now she might not realize that also means that Roger and Malva got it on but still...

Okay so she clearly does know that it was from Portunus to kill Roger, but does she really realize what that means? I mean, I'd be FURIOUS even if we were "broken up" at the time. Unless, of course, he really is over her and there's nothing more there.

I find it interesting that Diamante knows how to sword fight. I'd think he'd only have theoretical experience if even that on the subject.

Wow. He let her have his gun. That's gotta mean something, right? :P

Ah well that explains his sword skills.

I love that Diamante is so stupidly proper and yet here he is on a pirate ship... hehe

Silly Roger still holding himself back.

I still think Em should be mad... but that's about things that I'm not really sure if she's even realized.
Mak chapter 18 . 1/12/2014
Ah Diamante, I'd forgotten about him. I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the person that they would send with her.

I think Roger deserves the cold shoulder from Em. Or at least cold words and tone whenever she has to talk to him.

How fun to become a magistrate. I guess...

Good she does have a cold tone. :)

I love that Roger's upset with the idea of her sleeping in the same area as the men... I mean, obviously it's a bad idea, but still.

Poor Diamante. Roger sure can be scary.

I think it's nice that Daryl and Craig are different. It makes them more interesting.

Michael is a very interesting person. very intelligent.
Mak chapter 17 . 1/12/2014
Well good thing Roger has proof... kind of...

Funny that Cecil trusts Roger... if anything I'd think he'd hate him and trust him less than anyone else does.

Ah but it'd be so nice to be able to come back later and tell them all I told you so. That is, once the Draconians have taken over their city-states.

Haha. I like how Roger was like, wait a minute, how'd I get dragged into this crazy person mission?

"You will be in Tarym, ruled by your half-Draconians sister..." - half-Draconian

So all Em needs to do is throw other men's names out and that'll make Roger come with her? haha

Good thing Michael was the lookout and not some one else or she'd have had a hard time getting on the ship.

I like that she realizes it's a disaster in the making on the parts of the gods.

It's interesting to me that she still feels compassion for Annalyn who is out to kill her.

Well at least Roger is practical and logical, though I really am ready for them to get over their stupidity... but really I'm not because if it was enough for them to break up then they'd better not get back together super fast.

I'm glad to see that Roger's lying to her still.

So he's swearing to himself and his goddess that he isn't going to get emotionally attached to Em again... good luck with that, Roger.

Well at least Michael isn't lying to anyone anymore...
251 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »