Reviews for Headache
the grimm cow orker chapter 10 . 6/9/2009
correction: "When Kevin step back from Lys, " steps, the third word.

Anyways, it would be nice to hear about Lys' and Kevin's perspectives. Lovely as always. :)
Nineheart chapter 10 . 6/9/2009
Didn't they say that sometimes the treatment is worse than the original hurt? It's like popping a bone back in place. Daniel will survive, I sort of think he needs someone as forceful as Ryan to bring him back to life.
kepteinen chapter 9 . 6/8/2009
Yeah, it does mean you have to write about his Sunday. Daniel scares me with the "I'll teach him to love me"-lines, but I guess it's only because I'm not used to that kind of.. intensity? I dunno.
Orio K chapter 9 . 6/6/2009
Haha, please, do write about his sunday! This was a lot of fun to read. When everything is from Ryan's point of veiw it's kind of hard to tell what Daniel's thinking. I liked the bit about the seperate shopping carts hurting, because it really is those little things that get you the most, and your partner doesn't even notice. I hope Ryan stays! They all fit so well together.
the grimm cow orker chapter 9 . 6/5/2009
The drabbles really round out the story better. I like Daniel's side of the story a lot.
the grimm cow orker chapter 8 . 6/1/2009
Heh, what a devious man. xD I like getting Daniel's perspective a lot; he never did speak all that much.

Hrm... drabbles seem like fun. This will go on my list of things to do when I get bored/writer's block over the summer.
CinderellaWithCombatBoots chapter 8 . 6/1/2009
This story's really good :]
kepteinen chapter 8 . 6/1/2009
OH HELL YES. I love how Daniel thinks, and it's neat to finally see some of his worldly views. Also, drabbles are love.
the grimm cow orker chapter 7 . 5/27/2009
"Can a person really fall in love so fast?" This line reminds me of Cosette from Les Miserables, if you listen to the musical, one of her songs has this exact line. xD not to mention I'm going to be performing said musical tomorrow and Friday. o_o

Meeting them tomorrow? That seems abrupt. But still, I'd like to see how that goes.

Aww, it ended. Ah well, I can always reread it. Anyways, the pacing of the individual parts is perfect as always, but when taken together it may seem very fast paced, almost unwieldy? Not sure if that's the right term. I'm just saying this because I saw a review that said that. Maybe if you made it seem like the story took place over more than just a few days?

Besides that, it was good to see Daniel say something wrong for once.
kawenchan chapter 7 . 5/27/2009
:) They are so cute! :)

It just goes to show, if to people really are perfect for each other they'll fall in love in now time.

I'm wondering, when did Daniel know he was gay?

Or was he always bi? :D

-Karen
kepteinen chapter 7 . 5/27/2009
Looking forward to your angst on a stick.

Yeah, this chapter is really sweet and light. It's good and realistic, seeing as they're in the phase where the other person is flawless and stuff; but well yeah, Daniel seems too. perfect, I dunno. Ryan's a real pushover, and I like it.
plumblossom chapter 7 . 5/27/2009
If you want some Europe suggestions, I haven' been to France or Italy or Switzerlandut I spent a few days i n Berlin, Amsterdam, and Copenhagen, and two weeks in Prague. If you want anything, tell me.

Are you ending Headache here and telling the rest in a separate story?
Zebbie chapter 7 . 5/27/2009
So, I've been shamelessly reading this story ever since you started posting it, without reviewing once - my only excuse being 'I meant to'.

Excuses aside, I'll give you one now. Really loved the start - the beginning few chapters. Then, though, for me it feels like I missed a whole chunk and my suspension of belief didn't quite hold up. You're great at wondeful, close family scenes and integration of a new person into an established family setting, but for me this was way too fast. I kind of understand that's the point, but they barely have a conversation before Ryan's putting on the interior decorator's cap. It turns from one night stand to lifetime committment without enough explanation for me to swallow it. Having said that, I still enjoy reading it.

I'd like to recommend a book, which I think you might like (maybe not, who knows!). It's only thin, so it wouldn't waste much of your time even if you don't! It's called John and Mary and it's by Mervyn Jones. Published in 1969 so you might need to trawl a secondhand bookshop, but it's worth it.

Also - I can't resist recommending some places in Europe to vist! So... The Guggenheim in Bilbao, because it's a very cool building (although apparently the town itself is not so great). Barcelona, for all of Gaudi's architecture, especially the Sagrada Familia (which is completely insane. The Alhambra in Cordoba. Siena - where they have a town square shaped like a dish where they hold rather brutal high speed horse races in the summer. Monaco, purely because it's so small. The standard touristy ones... Rome, Venice, Florence. Other things of interest in Paris - Monmartre, with Sacre Coer on it, and more or less where Amelie's cafe is. La Grande Arche, from which you get a very great view of the Eiffel Tower at night, with far fewer crowds (or none in fact).

..I'm going to stop now before I just go through the whole of Europe systematically...

Thank you for the story!

Zeb
Howl's Faith chapter 6 . 5/20/2009
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I could say that forever and it would be true, always. My room is kinda dark - the walls are a light purple but all the furniture is mostly black with the doors and details in white - and I really like it :) It's nice to wake up in the morning, open my window and see the light reflecting on the white doors/details, so, even tho all the furniture is dark, it's not really dark.
the grimm cow orker chapter 6 . 5/20/2009
There's an entire where there should be an entirely, toward the endish.

Anyways, I like that their talk isn't so dramatic. Their lives are considerably worse than a lot of other peoples', but you can tell that they're bonding and see their strength in that they know that they can, and will, move on. I got a bit confused with the mom thing, until I remembered that Ryan's mom was his dad's second wife. It was just a little confusing.

The exchange between them is well played.
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »