Reviews for schefflera actinophylla
aria's melody chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
This is just amazing. Very well thought and beautifully written and the fact that you shaped it like a tree is so clever. Great job :)
iliads chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
so, so beautiful. you're pretty much a genius in my books for writing such a stunning piece. i can only aspire to be as great a writer as you someday.
forget-me-nots chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Wow. This is deep and beautiful.
herpius derpius7 chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Basically, I whole-heartedly with whomever called you a genius. This was absolutely excellent, and I love how it's shaped like a tree. The last line really brings it all together, too. Fantastic.
RawrEllieMayMightBeADinosaur chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
you're a genius.
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Oh wow this was just breathtaking! The formatting and the playing on words with your use of bold, italics, and parenthesis. The formatting to make it shaped like a tree I didn't get at first but then with the last lines it all came together.

adding to favorites
for shame chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
carmen figuratum is so rare.

it's beautiful.

especially the last two lines.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
I didnt get it till the end!

But now i see that it is very clever! And i like the whole writing shaped as a tree thing you have going here. Lovely!
alkfhdakjd1 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
It always takes me like five minutes to get through this poem and understand (as much as I can ]), and I just can't imagine how long it took you to write it. Is it another case of where the words just flow from you, or do you work hard? I just can't comprehend this just...pouring onto the page, though now that I think of it, it is that time of poem, and probably a lot of editing got it to where it is now. Anyway, I digress, I just love to think (& wonder) about your poems; they're just so -comprehensively fascinating.-

What shall I mention first? I love the tree shape. I love 'future' written in the bolded, underlined letters. I love 'no! i don't. / no, i -don't-. / no, (i don't / know,) i don't. / no!' That part just utterly fascinates me, the different inflections, the parentheses, the play on 'know' and 'no', it's all just amazing, amazing how you wrote such a complex stanza using just four different words and some punctuation. And just, um. Your poetry fascinates me & seriously leaves my mind reeling from awesome. ] Fantastic work, I’m just…in awe. ]
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
oh my, my, my, my, my. my. i would have to say right now that you're genius. the poem itself is mindblowing, the formatting is phenomenal. the parenthetics and italicizing and bolding just add to the brilliance.

and the way you portray love and devotion! it starts off as something almost jealous then opens up into new fields of emotion...like dark craving and longing and it has an all around posessive feeling.

your little snippets of almost-afterthoughts were amusing "(yet damn, you know have to tango."

and your word plays were great...the "venus f(lie) trap" and the most important, in my opinion, the "(no! i don't. no i don't. no, (i don't. know,)i don't. no!" ...radiant!

and then, at the end comes the best part. because what we as readers have seen so far is a possessive, controlling narrorator with "parasitic tendencies" and now you're showing us a new, vulnerable side.

stunning.
I see London I see Sam's Town chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Here I am, returning a review (what is it… two?) two weeks later!

I’m not going to lie—I had to look up quite a few of words in the dictionary for this! XD Your diction is really phenomenal, because the whole piece seems to be articulated in such a way that every word is used and placed purposefully to bring specific meanings. Not to mention, I can’t even begin telling which are my favorite phrases and lines; there’s just too many.

I’d hate to choose a few phrases that I enjoy, because it’s all inextricably worded. I say this because imagery and diction are what I love most about literature. Words and the way lines are worded can leave profound meanings and impacts tied in with how such lines are punctuated.

I’m sorry, because my review couldn’t possibly be as in-depth as yours. (I feel so bad, because you really took the time to write a review like that! I feel like mine pales in comparison, lol.)

J.V.