Reviews for Broken Dreams and Old Guitars
pittsteeler chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Your being a total hypocrite
Jerusalem2045 chapter 9 . 10/7/2010
Good story so far. Are you going to finish it?
tamii chapter 9 . 6/25/2010
MORE! Lol, sorry for the outburst but you have to continue this! You can't just leave it like this... please :) I didn't realise until more about the main character was revealed, that this is the story that is subject to the whole 'hypocrisy' issue. (lol, see how well known your stories are?) Well, I'm not going to start giving a big rant but I actually like the fact that the main character has so many underlying issues including the more obvious ones (her pregnancy). Also, the fact that she is 'broken' makes it more believable if she does turn to God. I probably told you before that I'm not a Christian but I appreciate you putting religion in this story. Some stories do have a sort of preacher and sermon like feel to it - but not this one!

Can I just say I love Logan :) Your characters are not perfect and they deal with their issues like a normal person and for that reason, I always enjoy reading about them! Logan's issues with his temper and his guilt over his brother make him a very interesting character. I must say I made a judgement on him and thought he was the ordinary helpful guy before this and I'm glad you proved me wrong! I do want some romance between Alice and Logan but I know it'll take a long time before anything can happen. I hope we'll find out more about Jack and his eccentric behaviour! He seems odd but he is caring in his own way. I hope Alice and Jack forge some sort of bond - even though their parents messed up, they don't have to carry that forward, do they? Also, Logan's dad... I feel sorry for him but he does need to move on. It will be interesting to see how his reaction to Alice continues. I have a feeling that they will bond over something - she's never had a father figure and they might help each other get through their issues. Stu is great though! His behaviour towards Alice is understandable considering his loss and I really like him - he's really kind.

So anyway, I've spent far too long on this now! I hope you update soon - it's my first time reading this and I want to read more! Update soon :D
Lady R chapter 9 . 5/28/2010
Glad to see this story back on FP. :)
happilynuts chapter 9 . 5/28/2010
Haha! I'm glad I started looking through fictionpress again! I thought I'd read everything worth reading but evidently not ) I love your style, it fits the story so perfectly! Also it's so nice to read something set in a small town - it's all big cities and prep schools so often! Looking forward to reading more!

-haidee
acrhonor chapter 9 . 5/27/2010
I love, love, love this! It's so good. :D I am so excited to read more. :)
notmuchbutlife24 chapter 9 . 5/27/2010
shit, this is really good! i'm excited for more! haha! update whenever possible! :)
Carrie chapter 8 . 5/27/2010
Impressive lol This story is awsome! Can't wait for the next update!
walkonair chapter 7 . 5/27/2010
"I have no romantic intentions toward Alice."

That line made me choke on my own saliva. Thank you. :)

And, I like Olivia. She seems so Mother-y or something.
acrhonor chapter 6 . 5/11/2010
This is so good. I can't wait for the next chapters. I just started reading this tonight and I really like it. :) You're a really good writer. You also seem like a really good person. :) I hope you update soon.
Carrie chapter 6 . 5/2/2010
I really really like this story! No scratch that I love it! Can't wait for the next chapter! I think this may even be my favorite of everything Ive read by you, big statement but. . . yea I'm gonna leave it out there! wow I just read over that and there are like a lot of exclamation marks. . . what the hell I'll just add some more so it will look more spastic! wait I think I spelled that wrong. . . .
Tecna chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
So sorry I haven't reviewed. So I decided I shall read it before I have to go to university tomorrow. Now then, you've added some changes, and not that it wasn't great before, it's a touch better now and flows really smoothly.

Aside from that I'm so glad you've posted this back on FP, although I really shouldn't have read it now, but I was seriously bored and I can't even bring myself up to revise (ugh!). Lol.

Nonetheless, I really can't wait to see the other changes and hopefully even more chapters. I can't really remember how many chapters you reached before you took it down, was it 12 or something?

Also what's happening to the Thread of Time fiction? I'm also looking forward to that and whole bunch of other stories of yours.

Update soon, keep me sane! Wish me luck, too! Lol!

Tecna ;)
walkonair chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
I've been waiting for this chapter for TOO LONG. :) I'm falling in love with everybody (other than Christopher and Thurman, of course)...

I even like Jack. What can I say? Those gruff but kinda nice guys are TEH BESTEST, I say.

Since I can't seem to turn my inner editor off, I must say that I thought you used variations of the word 'gentle' too much in the last few paragraphs of the chapter... I counted 4 times with either 'gently' or 'gentle'.

Otherwise, super duper amazing!

Update soon,

K.
walkonair chapter 5 . 4/11/2010
Hello, dearie.

I'd forgotten how much I loved this story... I was giddy when I saw you were posting this again! YAY!

I do have one thing I would like to get off my chest. I had a hard time liking Logan for, like, the first four chapters. I don't know, he's just too perfect. I LOVE how you incorporate his religion and his beliefs, but it feels a little... Oh, I don't know how to say this gracefully... like he treats people like he's better than them. A sort of goody-two-shoes, I guess.

Maybe I didn't like him because perfect people make me feel.. well, especially imperfect :p.

This is your story, your plot, your characters, so ignore me, I guess ;). As I said, I really like the story, and this chapter made me want a Logan for myself. CAN I HAZ HM 4 MEE? PLZ? :D

UPDATE SON.
dblack50 chapter 3 . 4/8/2010
I'm glad you came back to this story. I like Logan and Alice and am looking forward to seeing how they end up. I also love how much of your faith you put in this story. I love the thoughts that keep Logan from dating. It's what we teach our children and the youth at our church. I can relate to Logan's struggle with his temper too. :-)
200 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »