Reviews for Fairy Tale
Abrasive chapter 11 . 10/1/2010
"You are the first to wake my snake": Is that a double entendre? Haha.

Anyway, I thought this story was great. Caleb and Ash in particular were very cleverly characterised; it was easy to get a feel for their personalities. Although I didn't recognise a lot of the fairytales, the story itself was interesting and magical enough that I didn't need to understand all of the intertextuality.

I'm really glad I read this; it was wonderful.
Disney Is Hardcore chapter 8 . 9/24/2010
I am very confused.

I don't really know who many of these people are, it's like you're throwing names at me too fast and it does not compute.
Karida chapter 11 . 7/15/2010
This was a great story, I love fairy tales and giving it a slash twist was fun to read
ToraOkami303 chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
AWESOME. i couldn't help but laugh at Ash but on the flip side wanna punch her XD. Caleb puts it exactly right "if this was cinderella she'd be a ugly step sister." or something close to that ;) my memory isn't exactly perfect

~T O~
Kakiryu chapter 9 . 6/15/2010
Haha. I like this. The twins actions remind me of so many fairy tales. And my guesses seem to be correct! I wish I could have started reading this when you started to write it though.
Kakiryu chapter 8 . 6/15/2010
So a family secret...Well, they live in a tower, gave him gifts in exchange for favours (3), they are not to be refused, and they have snake/dragon tattoos. I'd say that they were either nagas or dragons. The tattoo thing is what really gets me. Also the gold hair gel/gems - hoard?
Kakiryu chapter 6 . 6/15/2010
Okay, so obviously the first one was Diamonds and Toads...The man on the phone said "lost" for this one. So, I'm going to say...Hansel and Gretal? Either that or Robber's Bridegroom, but that doesn't sound right. It wasn't sinister enough. But then again, there was no prince to save the children in Hansel and Gretal. I dunno! I'll have to read more to find out.
andshesaidyo chapter 11 . 5/30/2010
this was so much fun to read! i love fairy-tales, especially when they've got a twist to them, and this was such a delicious twist! you really worked your magic as an author when caleb and ash were living 'diamonds and toads' and 'hansel and gretal,' and of course, the trials our hero goes through that lead to a happy ending. just lovely.

-also, have you seen 'the price of milk?' your writing reminded me of it, a little, the fairy-tale stacked upon fairy-tale all woven into a single masterpiece.
Kenny Deheart chapter 11 . 5/19/2010
Awesome story. I love how it totally has the feel of a real non-Disney fairy tail. Most other m/m fairy tails don't have the classic feel. I am putting you on my favorites list just for this one.
Erisah Mae chapter 11 . 4/2/2010
Sexy as hell, and playing "spot the fairytale" was all kinds of fun. I also really liked how Ash wasn't made to be evil, rather a little immature, selfish and misguided- I always thought the step siblings got a bit of a bad rap in fairytales.

Original, well-paced, and a lot of fun.

Nice. :)

Erisah
Alex Whitehall chapter 11 . 3/23/2010
The description of the story never really pulled me in, because I don't think I really understood all that you were hinting at in it, but I'm glad I read it, highly enjoyable.

I think my favorite part was the tattoos. Gorgeous, delicious tattoos. HOT. And the whole "waking my dragon" which works for the tattoo and as a sexual euphemism. I like it as the "true love" sense.
TinaLouise chapter 10 . 2/25/2010
I'd be very interested to read the twins' story. I think it would be quite the dilemma for their politician's son.
Esquirella chapter 11 . 2/24/2010
Will there be more to this stgory? It's awesome! And Ash got what she deserved! LOL! Poor Jas, though. He has to wait a few years to bag her.
AutumnColors chapter 7 . 2/18/2010
So I know this is super late but...are they in Kansas City? I only ask because I'm from there, and it sounds super familiar to me. Right down to the convention hall and the hotels.

Also, I've been a lurker on your profile for a bit, and I'm finally stepping up to review. Please update Are You Together soon! I'm planning on doing a real, constructive review of it asap, but I want to know what happens next!
bioncafemme chapter 11 . 8/23/2009