Reviews for Wagnerian overtures of Tristan
ArekuKawaii chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Word Choice: I like that you are using a more intelligent diction in this peice because it makes this poem seem more extravagant and helps with the tone. I like that you used 'cerulean blue' because I like when people use a certain colour.

Tone: This poem seems rather hard in the beginning, like the character is hard towards other people. However the tone changes, as for what I read from the poem at least, to a more soft, loving voice that can't stand the thought of ever being alone.

Form/Punctuation: The break up of the stanzas and one line stanzas works really nice for this poem. It makes each idea unique and let me think a seperate thought for each and try hard to understand. I also love your cezuras! Periods in the middle of a line that actually work make me smile. Your periods and commas worked really nice with this poem.

Enjoyment: I like the itallics in this poem, which normally doesn't happen because I normally think it to be overdone. Good job on that part. I also adore the part about the music because it made me feel free and soft. This was a good poem, despite not being my normal read.
Isca chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
"And Wagner looks on, amused." Aww, good old W.R. Wagner. :)

"A crescendo, and his theme is oboes, cellos, and clarinets." I'm glad that you subtly alluded to Wagner's masterful use of chromaticism and orchestral tonality in this music-drama.

"I loved him for the way that he loved her." Poor Isolde died of Liebestod, 'love death.'

Thank you for writing about this! :D

-Isca
Andaren chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Quite possibly one of the best poems I have ever read on fictionpress :)

Blessed Be,

Andaren x
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Nicely done. I love all the textures and senses I'm getting in this - I feel smothered by the smoke, I can hear his theme playing, I can taste the blood of martyrdom. And I love the idea of a spine being velvety. Gah, that's good. Fabulous. Keep writing! :)
amavian chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
the anthropomorphic verse was good. in the isolde one you make her seem crazy, maybe crazy in love. with tristan its all about sex. you don't touch on his feelings for her besides the physical. your writing is aright but your subject matter is odd.