Reviews for The Herder of Penguins
Megas Alexandros chapter 4 . 12/16/2009
I...haven't reviewed that, have I? Anyhow, love the flashback scenes, especially the one on the phone. And the ending is quite chilling, but I almost expected something like that from him. It really shows how this job changes people.
helike chapter 4 . 12/1/2009
“Victor,” mother said gravely, her tone vaguely reminiscent of his own when he was in no mood for anything but work, “I’m beginning to think somebody is holding a gun to your head.”

That's what they call mother's intuition ._.

I said he seems to be an independent guy and it seems I was right XD

Good job here :)
helike chapter 3 . 9/13/2009
VO video operator (y/n?)

So... Did they survive that trick with the camera? XD
helike chapter 2 . 9/5/2009
He knows A’s strategies. To make him think about the case until it drives him insane.

Reminds me about my uni .;

She gets car-sick and develops deep hatred for the inventors of automobiles.

I so understand her feelings ._.

Calling them all by country names makes me think about Hetalia. Ops? XD;

“Star Trek is a communistic hippie rubbish from the sixties.”

How could you? XD

Good job, honey :)
Kalliel chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
You have the most lovely dream-like descriptions-the idea of seeing something more clearly in one's dreams, when it was ignored while one was actually PRESENT is quite interesting. And I love this: "he would suggest the city missed him and had a way of showing it by manifesting in his dreams in this peculiar way." I have the most amazing weakness for personified buildings (and descriptions of architecture in general).

The students were adorable as well. I loved the characterization of not the students as individuals, but the 'feel' of the class and their relationship with their pseudo-professor.

I get the feeling that I definitely should have read Jumon first, though; even if this is a loose sequel. I think I'm confusing myself about the Agency and the cryptography and all of the plot points that I'm sure span this entire series of stories, ahaha.

I like the subtlety of the way you've chosen to characterize K. Sentences like these, especially, that are direct but imply far more than their handful of words: "His memories of himself at their age are carefully fabricated and tell him that he was perfect." And the scene where he was sick, but still showed up to teach his class, too-and this scene has the added intrigue of T. The glyphs-is it a code they're learning, or Japanese? For when they're writing 'magic' on the board.

The overarching flying fish imagery was eyecatching as well. I really love coastal descriptions/fish stuff, and the exchange between the fish-that-cannot-speak-but-to-sing and the Glico man was just...awesome. I don't know why exactly, but it was.

And this, too: "Japan is hiding beneath the stairs in the form of a girl." Great description.

I look forward to more of this series!

Kalliel
helike chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Another nice one :D Nice students, btw... Not like mine...

Sorry for not writing anything more in the review. My brain has died.
fatelesskitten chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
And of course I also read the sequel. :) I think I actually like this one even more. It feels like some feverish dream and it makes me really interested in learning even more about K, his past and future. I have to say I'm more interested in his character than the T/K relationship)) And your imaginary is beautiful.

'That’s what you get for flying in your dreams.' This one is a bit depressive to me though))