Reviews for Why I Will Not Read Your Story
CosmicalMadison chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Good essay. I agree with nearly everything in it except the review part. Many good stories go without getting reviews, especially on this site. I wouldn't judge by that, but to each their own.
N. J. Collins chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Cool essay. Those are more or less the same reasons I won't read a story. (Yes, including the reviews part, except I'm more lenient if the story sounds awesome).

Those and the stories which have a certain author's note saying they won't continue if people don't review. ."
Spurlunk chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I agree on most of your points even though I am guilty of some of them. I do think that the review thing is a bit unfair, because a lot of very good stories don't get much notice at all, through no real fault of the author. Also, though I agree summaries should be creative and not overlooked, I don't know if I would put AS much importance on them as you have - after all when you send out a manuscript to be published, isn't it the story that matters the most?
Antoinette Brewer chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I agree with everything you said. I practically live by the reasons you stated (I hope that didn't make me sound like a loser), except one. The more reviews equals better stories reason. With a lot of writers and little readers on FictionPress, there is a chance that a good story will get not too many reviews. But I do agree, a story with 30 chapters and zero reviews has to have some kind of problem about it.
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5