Reviews for Sirens after the plague
Ms.Sweet Pea chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
This is Great. Its my first Read from you. And I like it. Its Very true. We know what we do yet we do nothing to stop it. Awesome work!
in theory chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
"we do, after all consume, everything" so true and honest. "myself included" makes me wonder if you consume, or are consumed. Or both. It's been awhile since I've read your work, but making my way back :) glad to see you're still writing, hope all is well.

Jack
amavian chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
not bad. i think this is the first poems i've read from you where you weren't overreaching.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
This definately incorporates the Americana of human worry into it. It's somewhat similar to how people in my geographic area view hurricanes, since one hasn't devastated us in awhile we tend to make light of the possibility, and are therefore mentally unprepared. We see widespread plagues or diseases in the same way at times. Something for other people to experience and worry about. The stanza, "we do,-after all consume-everything" is so succinctly American that it fits so accurately here. The, "myself included", was like a yes moment for me, because I was conscious of the fact that this included me as well, but it hit home more when represented in this fashion. Kind of makes me think of how lucky, or perhaps overindulged we are, and what we consistently take for granted, like the lack of fear or apathy toward world or even local disease issues. Well constructed, especially the tone and point of view. MD:77.
Tjikicew chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Rather tragic in my eyes as I pay through high taxes for mine and others health care.

Take care,

after all the first Mexican flue killed allegedly over 6 million persons worldwide!

Maybe this was what linked you to world war I.
Isca chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
"We do, after all, consumer everything." What a powerful line! It's so sarcastic and satiric! Wow!

"I'm confident that I will be unaffected." That's definitely a belief that many people hold. 'It won't happen to me.' Good ending.

simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I like this, obviously very fitting to the current events. I think you described it wonderfully because of the great word choices and comparisons. I also like the point you made about Americans. it was subtle, but so true.

PS Check out the Review Marathon and/or the Review Game (link in my profile)