Reviews for I Still Want To Be Black
Ibbit chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
I'm not 100% sure this is true, but I heard somewhere that most rapists are white males. So that doesn't surprise me any. I have a black (who claims mixed) friend who only dates mexicans and whites. And I know a white guy who's the opposite. One doesn't have to be the same color to hang with/date one group of people. Just putting that out there.

Good shot. I always try not to read ahead, but I screwed up this time. Completely ruined it x.x

Luck with life.

~ibbit
Lord Vivian Darling chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Your narrators always have this plaintiveness I love.
sappyromancealert chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I thought I was the only one who wanted this lol I identify with your protagonist in that she is so lonely and seems miserable. I wish her parents would relax a bit, seriously.
MayaD chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
I'm surrounded, absolutely surrounded by black people of every type. Black crossed with white/mexican/asian etc

I've seen the different aspirations of them all, the desire to be in touch with their heritage. The lost feeling of not having a heritage due to it being interrupted.

They're downright annoying. And the only reason I have not been jumped, mugged, or attacked by them, is because they don't KNOW that I'm half white.

The end seems twisted, as per usual. But the way to describe it seems to be "thick"

it's thick twisted... idk... not heavy, but thick...

hm
WingedStar89 chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
I really like this. Being a black girl I didn't really know what to think about this. At first I was thinking 'oh great, more white girls taking the black men' Then I realized how stupid that was since I know I got a thing for white boys lol. But that last line, i didn't see it coming and it made this story amazing in my book. Good work.

WS89
Zoe Marhassa chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I'm black and I did not see that last line coming.
EstherDay chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Wow... O_O Geez that's... poor thing! She's screwed up! lol Loved the story, as usual!
Eurypon chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I like your stories, or rather vignettes, about more or less unhinged characters. Earlier I read "Oh My God You Guys". I find the same sense of alienation, the feeling of loneliness amidst the crowd in this one.

I liked how you explored the intricate reasonings, the detailed planning for something that is ultimately impossible and how you tied it together with the final sentence.

You classified it as angst/humor. The angst I can see. The humor also, I guess, since tragedy and humor are often the two sides of the same coin.

Before I forget: hauntingly well written.