Reviews for Marie Antoinette, nude
pale doll chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
This is very lovely. I am also fascinated with Marie Antoinette; she is certainly a figure of history to obsess over. I'm adding this to my favorites; your word choice is fantastic!
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I've always had an interest in the human side of historic figures, and what you have delivered here (weather factual or fictional, I have no idea personally) was really a treat to read. This had some very interesting and beautiful descriptions, and the link

"and the mask she wore weighed her down from time

to time."

was very powerful. I really like this new direction your poetry is taking, because as wonderful as your poetry has always been, directing your words outwards instead of internally has breathed new life into your work. Even if the theme is not a positive one, your enthusiasm for what you're writing still shines through, which I think adds a bit of positivity to even very dark pieces.

Wonderful work, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Peace, Daze
Mrstress chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I like the way you've spaced this poem, and the adjectives you use are very apt. It's a curious piece, but definately well-written.

Best of luck in writing,

Bette
Isca chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
A delightful glimpse into the true nature of Marie. :)

"Apricot-fair, as any Austro alliance before her." Brilliant description.

"A franc for your thoughts?" A perfect line. Striking. Fascinating.
amavian chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
i'm affraid you can't really take your historical work at face value. more your interpritation of the event than the event itself. you do have some very strong verses though, they're delivered a tad bit shaky for me, but it's good just the same. one thing i'll say about you, you're very unique.