Reviews for Godsend
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
2.4 “He didn't look that much older than her, may early twenties with dark features...” Change “may” to “maybe”.

I really like this. From the dialogue to the descriptions, everything is well written. The pace and flow were smooth, and the dialogue between Nox and Holly was believable. Somehow, regardless of how short this piece is, I developed a small crush on Nox. I can’t remember if this is a one-shot, but I think Nox would make an interesting character for a longer piece. Fantastic work as always.

Liana
ranDUMM chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Hey,

Thanks for the review on Letters! :) This was really great! It's so original, and even though the idea has been often done to the death, (haha pun) your story was gripping and intriguing right from the very beginning, so I didn't feel as I often do that the story was so cliche and horrible. I particularly liked the style with which you write. It was so intense, and the words you use to describe the situation are very choice and deliberate, and I thought that that was really great. I also liked your description of Nox, and how you said that he didn't say his NAME was Nox, just that she could call him that. You didn't elaborate on that or give us a reason, so now we're wondering about that. It puts a sense of mystery in us - we're thinking about it. Which is great :D Great piece, keep writing I really enjoyed it! Oh and I couldn't find much constructive criticism btw. :)

ranDUMM
Anna Cate chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Really interesting story, definitely kept my attention the whole time. Your dialogue flows well and you seem to have a pretty good grasp on the characters' voices.
Purple Summer chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Hey there,

I liked this story. The theme of death is something I've experimented with a bit as well (you might want to read my story Room of Nothings, it's the same sort of theme but I suppose we have different interpretations of the afterlife!)

I liked how easily you established the character of Holly. I also thought you had a good control over Nox in the sense that you got a good feel for him even without you having to over do descriptions and all that. I'm not a huge fan of abrupt endings, so as a personal thing I would have liked I bit more at the end, a sort of resolution, but I think, objectively, it works for your piece.

The only error I think is at the top when you say "May early twenties" instead of "maybe early twenties"

Other than that, awesome work! You're a very natural writer, and I think you have a knack for dialogue.
subject2excess chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I enjoyed this. It was well written and the end made me feel warm inside. Loved the final line, it was rather profound i thought.