Reviews for and a blush
drops of rain chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I thought it was pretty obvious it was about the sun, actually. "The night's here"

Very nice. I like how universal it is. :D
Nicki BluIs chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Hmm. I can see where this could be a reference to the sunset but its' not clear. I don't like that the summary seems to be intentionally misleading. In fact much of the peom seems to be straying the reader to think of a woman. The imagery is distinctly human rather than sky.

I also don't like the aparrant diconnet between the two stanzas. It makes perfect sense if you tihnk of it as a sunset - but I didn't. So I spent quite a bit of time tring to justify the blushing and the goodbye.

Thanks agian for your RM contributions!

Reveiw Squader Bubbles
tangerine dreamer chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
this is short, sweet, and very clever. i'm not sure i would've known it was about the sunset if you hadn't written and author's note. however, i love the metaphor, it fits perfectly.

in terms of criticism, i would just like to have seen more, maybe more descriptions, because it does seem a little short. the sunset is so beautiful and there is so much more that can be said. but then again, that's just my opinion.

nicely done, keep it up!
Isca chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I love the fact that the sunset 'blushed'-it's as if the sun's a woman and her lover's the darkness. It was very cute and romantic, in my opinion. :)
ArekuKawaii chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
I like that is it cute and short. I think if it was any longer it would be demeaning on the meaning of a blush. The last two lines however seem somewhat out of place. Not sure why, but when reading they lose the flow a little.

It is very true though. It made me smile about myself.

-Areku
Manifest-Destiny-x X chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
I really like the length of it, because any more and it would detract from the simplicity and any less, there would be nothing there.

I would would re-word "Staining creamy color pink." to 'Staining the creamy color with pink' in order to make it flow better. Also I would make "night's" 'night is.' My reasoning consists of the fact that the rest of the poem sounds fairly formal, and then you get to that part and find a bit of cognitive dissonance.
Grains and Oats chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Yep...That pretty much sums it up.

Excellent, though short, piece.

Thanks for the review! [[I have issues with stanzas :P]]
In the Rye chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
i just wish it weren't so short.