Reviews for Esperanza
Cattails chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
Oh, physicals. The most horrid of all medical exams. Poor Tesla. He's just experiencing a pile of new stuff, isn't he? At least Sara's nice about it. So, y'know, could be worse. Oh, I think I like Nguyen. Maybe it's the chess. I love chess. They could become excellent friends! :3 So, wonder when they'll stop chaining him up? ...that sounded kinkier than I meant it to...o.o *cough* Right, anyway. Oh, fantasising about Coyo, eh? Seems like a good choice to me~ I like Coyo in all his grumpiness. I love when he shows up! So...still enjoying this lots! :D
Cattails chapter 6 . 5/30/2009
I love post-Apocalyptic stories, and this ones definitely one of my favourites :3 Tesla's so loveable...and Coyo amuses me to no end. Sucks about the Council...O.o I hope Tesla gets a way out of that...of course, it could work out well, like with Coyo. Hm. Well, looking forward to more! :D
overlordpotatoe chapter 6 . 5/30/2009
It's really fun seeing Tesla get something better :)
BrittyKay247 chapter 6 . 5/29/2009
update soon, please!
SeveRemus chapter 6 . 5/29/2009
Finally! A look at the settlement! I just hope the doctor gives him a prostate exam... (evil cackle)
nicolemegannn chapter 5 . 5/26/2009
really good story so far! update soon!
overlordpotatoe chapter 5 . 5/26/2009
Ooh, this is good so far! I really liked the masturbating into a warm, wet baby maker. Awesome. Great writing and intriguing storyline. I hope there will be more soon!
SeveRemus chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
I appreciated the explanation of the term "cow," as well as the information that Esperanza is a place of equality! Yes, there is Hope. Please keep it up!
BrittyKay247 chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
update soon, please
Aldora89 chapter 3 . 5/21/2009
This chapter flowed much more smoothly than the last one, so I can't really nitpick at anything. Oh, and the little revision you made to the last chapter did help make that transition less out of the blue.

The tension as Tesla follows the traders for so long is great! I kept mentally begging Tesla to approach them, and biting my nails when it seemed like he might loose them. Already you've managed to establish this sense that yes, bad things can happen to him. He really could have lost them. Many times one can tell when an author isn't willing to be cruel to their characters, so the reader can comfort themselves knowing everything will turn out all right. I couldn't do that during the moments of panic here, so I think it's safe to say you've set up a truly ominous, hostile tone to the world.

I really enjoyed the little bit in Coyo's perspective, and how his personality as Tesla perceives it is quite different once we get inside his head. I love it when an author makes me think one thing ("sheesh this guy is a violent loose cannon") and then changes my mind ("he's just nervous and has to compensate for his softy partner").

I also liked the Spanish, partly because it made me feel like I got something out of an irritating class last year. And I'm intrigued about Coyo's use of "pecoso"... judging from the translation I found, it seems almost cute. Like a potential pet name... XD I mean, what with Coyo fantasizing and all!

Will review ch. 4 later and try to catch up. Oh, and if I ever write something that a) has a solid plotline and b) I still like two weeks later, I'll post it and let you know!
nennella chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
Wow! I loved this chapter: Coyo is an interesting character. I can't wait for next chapter!
AnnaG.Luv chapter 4 . 5/20/2009
this was highly amusing. excited for the next one.
SeveRemus chapter 4 . 5/20/2009
So glad they found a reason to keep him! Coyo is funny, but who wouldn't daydream after being deprived for so long? (I'm assuming he's been deprived.) Please keep it up!
Anon Amos chapter 4 . 5/20/2009
WOW I am really impressed by your writing style. It is really engaging and it gets better and better throughout each chapter. You describe your world just enough that it is informing but not overwhelming. I give this story a 9 out of 10 already. I cannot wait for more chapters so keep up the good work.

Anon
gummybaby chapter 3 . 5/16/2009
awesome concept...I'd love to see where you take this story. You're already doing a great job.
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »