Reviews for Esperanza
d'Neronique chapter 10 . 4/22/2012
You asked: does it come too quickly on the heels of the last one

I say: not quick enough
d'Neronique chapter 6 . 4/22/2012
Tesla obediently began to strip, and handed the pants over.

I can't push back my suspicion of foreshadowing.
d'Neronique chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
I think this was the first chapter I started to think of this story more than something to pass the time - it's now something I've kind of dedicated myself to.

I like your style.
bbbee chapter 22 . 4/11/2012
I liked this, not as much as "The Violet.." but still. You are a talented writer for sure. Thanks for sharing.

hugs
LeahK chapter 22 . 3/2/2012
Thanks for this story! i absolutely adore post apocalyptic stories, and this one was fantastic _
thecowonthebox chapter 22 . 2/4/2012
This story is incredible !

Thanks for sharing...
JHeartbreak chapter 22 . 1/3/2012
So I read this quite a while ago but lost it. Well I've found it again! I'm glad.

I really like this story. So much of the speculative fiction on FP is what Coleridge would call fanciful, rather than imaginative. That is to say, assembling disparate parts willy nilly, rather than synthesizing them into a coherent, imaginative whole. I think this story succeeds in that synthesis.

The amount of sex in this story is frankly gratuitous, to the point where I frequently skipped the sex scenes. I seem to remember an author's note where you said something along those lines as well. Anyways, it hardly ruins the experience, but the sex scenes would be more powerful if they didn't happen after every bump in the road.

I have to say that one of the most powerful images I've come across in my reading on FP is Tesla, astride his horse, smiling fatalistically before riding off to his likely demise. That is a tableau that's been seared into my memory. I think such moments are at the heart of literature.
magnanimousSquirrel chapter 22 . 1/2/2012
Aw, they get to be together in the end. And Esperanza gets a democracy. I like this story a lot.
magnanimousSquirrel chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
The beginning reminds me of that movie Waterworld a little bit. I like how it's going so far.
QuickSilverSand chapter 22 . 10/4/2011
good story
Bite The Succubus chapter 22 . 9/25/2011
So I came across this story once before. I remember trying to read it but deciding I wasn't too interested. (I hadn't even gotten past the first chapter.) I came across it again but hadn't realized right away that I had attempted to read this once before. It's the first half of the first chapter that really made me want to stop reading. For me, it was too confusing, made little to no sense. I was so lost and it just felt like jummbled words. But since I found it was one of the nominees for SKoW awards, I thought there must be something good if people actually nominated it, so I read on... I. Loved. This. Story. It got 100, no, 1000 times better! Everything started making sense, the story was easy to follow. I loved the characters, their background, their personalities, their looks. I liked how you incorporated Spanish, you made it seem so sexy even though I hardly ever knew what was being said. I enjoyed the world you created. It sounds ao horrible. But i find the idea of sex outside of your pair is awesome. I laughed when some guy offered up his wife to Tesla. Okay, so, I felt embarrassed sometimes while reading some of the erotic scenes but it was so hot! I liked that none of them had a specific role in sex, they both topped and both bottomed. I must say, that one sex scene where Coyo comes in a drunken state to rape(?) Tesla for the first time but Tesla ends up getting the upper hand and turns the tables on Coyo is just so damn hot! [: Oh, I would so be just like Debra, get off on threesomes with sexy men! Anyways, the writing and story were beyond great. I am so glad I stuck past the first chapter.

The only thing I would say, I guess, is that I felt the ending was odd. It didn't feel like an ending. It felt as if it were just the end of another chapter. But that's alright, the story is still good even if it ends like that. Thanks so much for writing such a beauty! I love it! I love it! I love it!
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 22 . 8/18/2011
great story. really wonderful job. the characters are very realistic. bravo.
furthestcoast chapter 22 . 7/14/2011
Great job.

Seriously. 3
PyroTech chapter 22 . 7/4/2011
At the end of the last chapter, Coyo mentions a compromise...I don't think you really explained what that was. Or maybe I skipped over it by accident or something? I don't know. Otherwise, I really love this story and am glad I continued to read it.
PyroTech chapter 13 . 7/1/2011