Reviews for Fuel
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
I sort of got to hopping around on here out of nostalgia...and for its sake, wanted to write a review. Of course I would come to you.

I forgot the awesome prose-like form of your poetry, Felicia. I love it; it makes it easy to read without wondering about caesura and the like, hee. In this poem, it really portrays the vibrant actions of light and sound more than a normally-written poem would. I applaud it.

I hope I have time to do this some more. See ya, Felicia.

WyrdWolf

Oh, just to be a jerkface...you used 'alter' instead of 'altar'. Unless you did it on purpose. In which case, I'll be in the corner.
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Hey hey,

Nice, I haven't seen the film yet, but I can picture the indestructable Wolverine shrugging off the pitiful levels of damage done to his body with nonchalant ease.

Not bad Baxter, it felt like wood, like a piece of crafted Etalon, hard and blighted with its own pale innards.

Altar, with an "a" my trans-atlantic acquaintance :)

Laters.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
The truth to this is very thought provoking. I like how you've used the specific descriptions to allude to both scene and emotion. Stanzas like, "Still, still then-a blaze of light.-He takes every impact-and returns it tenfold", really brings the concept out for the reader. Very well developed and constructed. MD:77.
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
First of all, great to see you're (hopefully) back! It's been a long while. I liked this poem, it's quite different from your other works I can remember. I've neither seen the movie nor heard the song, but this still had impact. It's very well-phrased and structured; the rhythm is good as well. I also liked the tone of the whole thing, slightly threatening and driven. All in all, good work. Hope to see more in the nearby future.

Take care!

Anaare
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Wow. Violent. I can definitely understand how Disturbed would inspire this. I probably should have been listening to that rather than Tori Amos while reading this (though to be fair, it WAS The Waitress, and that's an angry song). I really liked the lines, "Still, still, then/a blaze of light." That's nice. Keep writing! :)
Knight in Shining Armour chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
very beautiful! I really like it. It is very powerful and the enjambments add to the adrenaline of the poem.
wildwolffree17 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
This is nice. Have you considered posting it at fanfiction dot net?