Reviews for Symphony of Aeons: The Log of an Expatriate Vessel
Michael Panush chapter 9 . 6/28/2009
That was a decent story. The setting was good, and the mysterious paralell world hidden inside the cavern was cool, but I think the narrative was a little lacking. They seemed to spend most of the time talking about what the mysterious stone could be, then popped into the other world for a little, saw a battle, and went back very quickly. I would have really liked to see more of the awesome, Viking Vs. Samurai Vs. Aztec world, and the Vikings of bikes were pretty cool too. It was kind of a shame that they went back so quickly, without ever really learning that much about the other world, or even talking with anybody there. I hope they return to the Biker Viking (Bikings?) world soon.
Michael Panush chapter 8 . 5/27/2009
This was a pretty good chapter, and you had some very interesting ideas here. I liked the Atlanteans and their Tomeworld technology, and how that ties in to your other projects. The only things I can take issue with are the modern terms of phrase, and the kind of anti-climactic battle with the French people and Rezin's evil ex-girlfriend. She seemed to just appear, get named, and be killed (Though she'll probably come back, I think), without much relevance to the plot. Same with the easily defeated French ambushers. The whole story seemed to focus on the Atlantean artifact, which was cool, but it would have better without some of the extraneous elements. Other than that, it was very cool, and I look forward to see what will happen next.
Crownbreaker chapter 8 . 5/23/2009
So the library is finally making an appearance elsewhere. Antoku's polearm is a transformer. A fun chapter all around.

There a still a few unexplained things, though, like why the captain can read Kaftorian. Overall, I'd still say dialog is your weak point, Jave. The characters still sound for the most part like early 21st century college students.