Reviews for Surge
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
The premise of not commiting suicide by yourself - I think that idea was the strongest throughout this. I've always been on the fence about what causes suicide and depression, is it internal, or caused by the external. It's an interesting theme overall, and I think you get across to the reader that other acts are in play here. Things beyond you're [the writers] control.

The poem felt raw - I think you wanted it to feel that way though - but with the raw there's also a somewhat unfinished ranty quality to it. An example would be a diary entry, rather then a work where the reader can say "ahh, I see." I hope I'm making sense, I feel like I've begun to rant.

The piece is interesting, to say the least. You have a very original voice - a somewhat sad voice, - but also a strong voice. Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.
pixy dust and fairytales chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Great job, well written poem.

Faith
deletethisaccountplease9 chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Nice poem :/ I hope things are going ok? judging from this I'd guess not...
Isca chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
"I'll hurt myself enough to matter to him." That's so sad. The speaker thinks that hurting themself will catch this other person's attention-will this other person care enough to notice the pain?