Reviews for Anywhere But Here
MCM315 chapter 5 . 5/23/2009
Cool. A fast update! I didn't get a chance to review 4. lol.

I love this, though. I love Rena's stuggle to not become the girl she used to be. Yes, she's rude, but that's just a defense mechanism to keep people at a distance. And she's constantly fighting it. The smile during the hockey game gave a glimpse of that old Rena, so I don't think she's as closed off as she thinks. And I'm so glad Fin caught it.

As for Fin. I like him. He's arrogant, but nice. My only advice about him is to give a good reason why he's so interested in Rena. Since he's so popular, it would be strange for him to go for the outcast, new girl. He's got his repuation to protect. And as for Gina, try not to make her too bitchy and cliched. She can be that way, but it would help if she were more than a one dimensional mean girl.

I look forward to more! Have a great holiday weekend :)
mia5081 chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
Oh, so Rena is suffering a tiny bit from guilt, is she? I thought it fit very nicely with the rest of her character and I definitely liked the interaction between her and Fin in this chapter, although I have a feeling Fin won't be putting up with her moods for that much longer. Don't know why I think so, but I do.

Update soon!

IM NOT WORTHY :)
book.babe15 chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
aw this is soo good!
kaw97 chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
Oh shoot. For once, you updated a little too fast. (I should bite my tongue!) I didn't get a chance to review chapter 4 before I saw this chapter. I wanted to PM you my prediction of what happened to her sister. I have a pretty specific idea. But now you gave a hint in this chapter - that tells me I was on the right track. Oh well, I'll PM you anyway.

I like this story and Rena's inner conflict over how she is treating Fin. Funny how we take out our frustration about one situation on someone completely unrelated to that situation...I guess that's really not funny.

I'm constantly amazed at your writing skills - how you weave in these hints and don't give it all away - and it all comes together in the end. It lets the reader be intelligent and work it out. [I just saw Duplicity tonight in a second run theater and I love trying to figure out who is who and the layers of intrigue.] I don't know how you map out your stories in order to make sure you don't make a mistake with all these details and hints you have to drop at the right time. I'm not a writer, so I don't know that I could do it. But I really appreciate the talent. It makes the story so much more realistic.

Anyway, THANKS for updating so soon! I'm only following 3 stories right now (well 4 - counting Finding Home) and none have been updating very quickly. Boo Hoo for me. LOL
Nollie chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
U know u'll never get any writing done while watching hockey. Unless majority of the chapter has been already written and you have to add a few sentences and editing. Yeah, I know you.

It was a good chapter. I absolutely love the anger-monkey. I think I want one so I can let it go on a few people. XD

ps- yim during hockey game?
LittleLamb chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
SO HAPPY you have a hockey story. No lie.

My mom and I love the blackhawks. When I was in Chicago for new years I was at a sports bar watching the game. Lets hope tonight is a different turn out.

I rather them be playing the ducks though. I was crushed when the redwings scored that goal in the final min.. *sigh*

LETS HOPE FOR SOME WHOOP* now.
mary-pi chapter 4 . 5/22/2009
Hockey, huh? Ha.. you are so into it.

Anyway... Of course I want to know what is going on with Rena, and her old life.. but meh.. as always we're gonna know at chapter 20.

Have a nice weekend! :)
woodstock1969 chapter 4 . 5/22/2009
Hey there! Great story so far. I love the depth of the protagonist. Just FYI, I'm rooting for the Blackhawks, too. ) I'd really love to see at least one Chicago team win something, and since the Bruins are out of the running (I'm from the Boston area), I figured why not. And I love hockey. So yeah, can't wait for more!
Crentania chapter 4 . 5/22/2009
You're alive! Thank God! I was beginning to worry! :)

I'm curious to see how her sister's disappearance had anything to do with her, and if she's really gone or just... living like a hobo somewhere. Really looking for4ward to it.

Hope it all calms down for you soon!
nevershoutnever chapter 4 . 5/22/2009
YOUR KILLING ME WOMAN.

what happened to Camille

you got to type type type

so i can read review and i duno worship. ;)

-nevershoutnever

(ryann)
Angel-Leigh Jones chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
hiya

i really love this story, its so different from your others. Please update when you can.

Angel
mia5081 chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
Oh I think that she likes Fin. Or maybe not intensely, but I'm sure she's beginning to like him somewhat. And I wonder what incredibly selfish thing that she do that her brother is ignoring. Interesting.

Update soon-or when you get the chance! lol

~Mia (your crazy friend)
Nollie chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
Hey missie you need to get on YIM some time soon. I haven't talked to you in ages. Yaya email shemail. Hey, did you know on Tuesday I'm having surgery right? Yeap, I'll be tonsil free. That means nothing but ice cream and jell-o. Yippie. -rolls eyes-

It was a good chapter, I like it. I'm confused where Fin came in...so I might have to reread the chapters.
mia5081 chapter 2 . 5/16/2009
So you might not like it, but I definitely do. Curly-haired hottie (Ian Finley in other words) sounds like an awesome character for Rena. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of this story so...keep updating por favor lol

~Mia (Your crazy friend)